#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

He’s got huge sharp…he can leap about!

I say to people like that,

I unclog my nose in your direction, sons of a window dresser!

I point my private parts at your auntie, you English kiniggit!

1 Like

He is quick but not powerful, he has trouble running at high intensity for long periods. He conserves energy and tries to use his read on the game to impact.

Just a mumble on Trade Radio, but Barrett 15 minutes or so ago was running through our uncontracted players and indicated he understood that Long has a contract.

1 Like

That’s news to me.

1 Like

It seemed like new news, but not exciting enough to talk about at too much length with Wallace pointing out that Long is getting a lot of years for not a lot of games.

Cal Twomey said pretty much the same thing.

I was very surprised when he got a contract last year. Fair to say another one would be even more baffling.

4 Likes

Yep, Jimmy Bartell and Cal Twomey said they’d be surprised if he was delisted, and that he’ll be retained next year.

Maybe he got 2 years last year?

Outside runners is one of our lists shallowest spots. Its Zaka, Colyer and Long. They might choose to retain him as we need depth in this area.

He certainly looked a lot better than Colyer this year. I found it odd that Long didn’t keep his place in the side in front of Trav.

5 Likes

Could you add Gleeson, McGrath and Saad to that lot, do you reckon ?

Surely not? Delist.

4 Likes

I refuse to believe they would give him another contract, easily the most obvious delisting since Jackson Merrett

If he survives and Bags doesn’t i will be pretty annoyed

12 Likes

LONGY

2 Likes

Jesus Christ WTF. Bar Jerrett he is the most obvious delisting on the list

11 Likes

He might have value added because of Tiwi Next Gen Academy players on radar (I hope), who he can help settle and hopefully thrive.

3 Likes

I agree with you, and yet he hasn’t been delisted.

I’ve allready accepted he is playing next year

Keep him, play him back.

2 Likes

Yeah…shocking shortage of defenders.

2 Likes