#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

If his name was Jake Smith, he would probably be gone.
Also because we’re so far back yet again in the draft, he’s probably a slightly better option for next year, which will be his last (please).

I am hoping this article is correct - it says we have resigned Long for another year. I have not seen anything official yet from the club. Fingers crossed.

Why don’t you all just get over it and move on ?

If Long is good enough in 2019, he will get a game in the firsts, if not he won’t. All your whinging and complaining is not going to change anything.

15 Likes

I don’t know, we’ve still got one Category B spot left:

2 Likes

Wow. Long continues. Would much rather sit Goddard on a wing/HFF if injuries hit.

3 Likes

During the Trade week, Cal Twomey pretty much said he’ll be at the club next year. If Jake hasn’t been delisted yet, it’s hard to imagine there will be a delisting.

Than we must double our efforts

3 Likes

I must say. I’m surprised.

3 Likes

We held onto Jerrett for about 3 years too many so what’s Long for 3 years too many?

I reckon it was only 1 or 2 years too many for Jerrett. His 2015 form was ok at times and at that stage there was still reason to believe he could become a useful contributor in a good side. So he deserved a contract extension at that point. It should have only been until the end of 2016 though. Maybe they gave him 2 years because they knew he was a player that lacked confidence and thought they security of 2 years might help. So I could forgive that 2017 season. Giving him a contract for 2018 was bizarre. Just like it will be if Long gets one for 2019

Not sure Colyer is relevant. Yes they play the same role but Colyer was probably on over 300k. Odds are either are playing VFL so it’s better to save the cash.

Has this ever been a real situation?

2 Likes

I"m glad we kept him

he is still young and I liked his work when he played seniors this year, especially his last game. He looked miles ahead of Colyer.

9 Likes

Kind of have to agree with this. Sadly can’t see Longy turning it around and playing at all whereas Brendan is someone you’d want available come finals. Even slowed he’s a ■■■■■■ good footballer who gets judged against his own best.

2 Likes

Remember there was that player that did nothing in the VFL for years and then came good and became a star at AFL level?

Sheridan and Schloithe as rookie/DFA make more sense than Long for another year for a litany of reasons

1 Like

Gws sniffing around Sheridan

Played CHB in the most dominant team ever too…

It worth noting, but Gary O’Donnell played a ■■■■ tonne of reserves before he got his crack.

2 Likes

Do you think that is going to happen here?