#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

Jake the snake.

This seems to be one decision that all blitzers agree on.

Really lucky.

Jake ‘Lucky’ Long.

1 Like

Luck has nothing to do with it.

He is obviously a required player. There is not a lot of sentiment at EFC these days, they are very focussed on results and progress.

I may be the only one, but I reckon he has shown enough to be given a bigger chance.

13 Likes

Shreds may have had influence, but I recon he’s kept a long way from the war room.

I’m excited by this news!

:muscle::muscle::muscle:

4 Likes

Not the first person to get a bit lucky when it comes to list spots. I hope he can get it together and force his way into the team.

I’m surprised this thread has 2000+ posts

All the best to Jake, we may well need him with Trav and Jerrett gone.

I think he knows that if he gets passed by any of our draft picks that will be it.

Hope he at least finds a new gear at VFL level, because he seems to be able to play as well at AFL level as he does at VFL.

I reckon Joe being on the park and playing well would help his confidence and energy when he gets his next crack.

If he can find increased confidence and energy on a regular basis, that will make a lot of difference, hopefully they at least acknowledge he is on the senior list on our website next year.

2 Likes

Won’t get a game, so there’s not much point complaining we missed an opportunity to secure pick 108

3 Likes

I bet you he plays at least 1 game in 2019 with the seniors.

3 Likes

Senior list or rookie list?

I’ll take that bet.

Meanwhile, over at Hawthorn, it doesn’t even matter if you’re contracted and a son of a club legend. Gonski

On the list, so I’ll stop sooking now.
Really hope he can take the next step.
Good luck, Jake.

10 Likes

I didn’t see much of him but it’s interesting that his stats at both AFL and VFL level fell off a cliff this year.

Of course! The JHA alumni factor!

I think he was injured all year? But yeah I have no idea really

Keep it simple? Profile pic bet.

2 Likes

Hope so,I really do.

‘I like the boy.’

1 Like