1 Like

Perm-a ban for all of you

11 Likes

That one is very good.
A cut above

1 Like

In the mane, these puns have had hairs on them, …,

that’s just a bald faced lie

Yeah, … I’m just not into them newfangled Hipster lies.

Hair has clearly become his mane focus.

2 Likes

Has a new nickname of Moose.

As long as he plays his part, and listens to his conditioning coach.

1 Like

Farking hecklers from the bleachers…

1 Like

So on that logic nobody should have drafted Podsiadly?

Look Out! It’s the Hair Bear Bunch!

Sometimes, hair today, gone tomorrow.

i don’t understand this pun.

2 Likes

Jake is a keen gardener who likes to grow hairloom veggies.

1 Like

No, I’m saying that perhaps Podsiadly and Grigg shouldn’t have been delisted anyway, and the same applied to Long this year.

And long fills a need that Grigg probably doesn’t.

So delisting Long now, to get a Grigg, wouldn’t have made sense to me.

Of course Ling might not improve in the way Grigg and Podsiadly did once they’d matured a bit, but the value to us of Long improving significantly (8+ years in a role we have limited depth in) vs the value of drafting Grigg (4 years in a role we seem to have a bit of coverage in), leans in favour of keeping Long, for me.

Of course I may overplay Long’s chances of improving, and I may undersell Grigg (although no one drafting him suggests I’m not the only one underselling him in that case.)

We’ll never know how will Grigg may have fitted. But hopefully Long kicks in and becomes a gun wing.

2 Likes

I thought long was better than expected when brought into the senior team and i was surprised he got dropped. He seems to be copping the jerrett treatment this year, but jerretts was more deserved because he was given so many chances at AFL level prior to being delisted.

2 Likes

I have heard that the club is prodding the AFL to correct Jake Long’s listing as a Rookie to the Senior List as it should have been for over a year.

Not a biggy some might say, but it was worth a club news article about 15 months ago and it’s about time the AFL corrected it. Marc Bertieri (Head of Digital at EFC) is doing a very good job trying to fix things up.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update Marc

1 Like

No problem, but you are a little off the Marc.

1 Like