#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

I might be overstepping the Marc, but it’s just ■■■■■■■ ridiculous that the club doesn’t have access to update basic content like this.

2 Likes

Didnt we have full reign of the site in the early 2000s? From memory channel 7 ran it while the club provided content.

I think we also had a deal with Manchester United as well. The club made a massive song and dance about how it was a historic partnership, and all it ended up being was that we posted Man Utd scores on the clubs website…

Yes we owned it up to a point.
Maybe 2010 ish??

Massive for them, not us. Sheeds did a sportsmen’s night with Sir Alex in Salford and threw in a box of Courtney Johns badges, IIRC.

2 Likes

It’s been done!

2 Likes

I’d be interested in people’s thoughts on Long.

I thought he was ok. Disposal was solid although he seemed to generally take the safe option.

He’s no good. But we new that already

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be on a list at any club if it weren’t for his dad.

3 Likes

Did everything you could ask of a whipping boy, made just enough mistakes to warrant the blow torch, but just enough good things to hold the door slightly ajar for another chance.

14 Likes

Give the kid a break. He has just been moved to the backline.

I thought he was ok.

Nothing spectacular but enough for another crack at it.

I like that when he tackles he likes to go on with it with his opponent and get under their skin.

4 Likes

Moving to the backline to reinvigorate ones career is legit death row for ones career.

No, clearly it was he, Hartley and Clarke that inspired such an insipid performance from the rest of the team.

It’s not like when your top end don’t perform it puts extra pressure on the fringe players. Those fringe players should be the ones leading from the front when everyone else is playing like crap :crazy_face:

1 Like

Stop kidding yourself benfti

Lol, true, rookie to senior to rookie to senior to backline is like the most Essington thing ever :joy:

Alex i dont think theres any point in you sticking the knife in Long and twisting it.

I’m not, I actually said he was toast last year and should be delisted.

What I’m saying is in classic blitz fashion after a loss, everyone gets the pitch forks out for the lowest hanging fruit.

If people were expecting stoic performances from people we know are the ■■■■ end of the list when all Australians are serving up turds then they really are never going to meet the marker.

3 Likes

Fair enough

To further that, when we come out flat and lacking in energy and using it like it’s a wet bar of soap, I’m going to blame the leaders on the ground for not setting the tone and standards. I’m not going to blame Hartleys shocking hair cut.

1 Like

He STILL needs to learn to go with and take his first option. I still have hope, but TBH, I can’t believe I’m still saying that after all these years.