#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

There’s not really that much of a difference between them, now that you can play rookies without needing to upgrade them.

It’s actually kind of smart because there isn’t really any difference between pick 76 and a rookie pick anyway. So by creating a senior list spot you don’t have to hope the player gets through 2 rounds of the Rookie draft. Only wish we did that with Ronke, instead of hoping nobody took him in the Rookie draft.

No one yet.

Has Jerrett already been shot out?

I just watched the replay and paid particular attention to him.
You guys are harsh. Kicked a nice goal after a ripper tackle. Passed off by hand and foot to set up scoring shots. Although not quick, ran pretty hard for most of the game.
I’m thinking if his name wasn’t Long you wouldn’t be expecting so much.

9 Likes

Agree, he was decent. Blitz expecting the spectacular or delist.

3 Likes

Thought he played pretty well against the Tiges. Some important touches.

2 Likes

Disagree, thought he was deathly quiet for most the game apart from a nice mark early and kick to Stewart and nice mark late down back. I don’t see him getting enough of the ball in the wing and he doesn’t kick enough goals up forward or have an impact, frankly I don’t know what his role is. I’ll honestly be surprised if he gets another year, and only if we need cap space and clear out other names.

2 Likes

Cannon.

1 Like

Catapault

I’ve been hoping he’d play the joint down to secure his spot, unfortunately I think he’s in trouble.
Hopefully another club can pick him up.

My expectations are that he needs to be a player who can make the AFL, regardless of name. He can’t, regardless of name and should be delisted.

1 Like

Has a few tricks but no weapons. I think his time is up.

1 Like

Hasn’t really ever improved, in his time at the club, nothing significant at least.

He has actually improved heaps from when he came to the club.

However he was miles behind when he got here. I just don’t think he has come along quite enough to where he needs to be to secure another year.

Great lad though.

4 Likes

I think it depends on the trade and draft period. If we can’t find anything better then we should keep him. He can come in and play a role now. He will continue to improve.

1 Like

He is terrible and our most obvious delisting bar Merrett. Not everyone turns into a senior footballer and he never will be

1 Like

Yeah he’s a good player and will improve more over the next few years.

But his level isn’t AFL.

I feel like he’s been a bit quieter since going back to the 2s after that period mid season where he played a couple of games and was traveling emergency a couple of times. Makes me wonder whether he’s been asked to do some specific things in the 2s and has struggled to bring all parts of his game together.

Either that or his confidence was hurt playing seniors when not quite ready.

Or something else, or I’m imagining it.

I still reckon he has the tools, but intensity from play to play, and to get involved even when the ball’s not there still needs to go up a couple of levels. Could it click? Possibly. Is it too late? I hope not, but possibly as well.

Still plays good patches where he looks like a superstar, but in between that he is an absolute spectator.

2 Likes

I have re watched the first quarter against collingwood and thought he was good, disposal was running at 100%, hit hit lead up targets and also hit up targets out of defennce including when he went through the corridor.
Hope he has a good final couple of games.
Can see the VFL guys feed him the ball a bit.
He has 2 more games maybe to do something, so he stays on the list.
I’d like to keep him, but understand he faces a mighty challenge to stay on the list now.

1 Like