#34 Jake Long - Like his career, this thread just keeps going!

Geelong are interesting on this:

Two sons of a god of their club.

One pretty much went further than the father, the other walked away.
One was driven to succeed, the other decided the pressure and work load were not to his passion and moved away from professional levels.

Did the club help both? Was it the pressure? Or is the personality part of the setup? Did one have more skill than the other?

There are many factors that make up the reason why a son may not be able to follow the father. Some prove to better than their father.

Narrowing it down to the club or not the club is a little trite.

No I’m not, and yes it should be.
And hopefully it will be.

But I’m still waiting for an explanation about “Pretty much all of what you just said” being naive.

It wasn’t.
I think you are clutching at straws and going windmill tilting again.

Yes it is.

I will admit to a certain amount of benefit baiting in that.

Ben discussion of an indigenous player:

1. They’re awesome, game-changing, elite, top 20 in their draft year, get them in.

2. Poor bugger never had a chance with all the pressure they got heaped on them unfairly.

Rinse and repeat.

A lot has changed in this space in the last 10 years IT, our experiences has been the catalyst to a change in the AFLPA employer expectations.

Spot on, only a handful of clubs see the benefit that proper support provides.

Ironic, you think you’re just taking the ■■■■ out of me but your only illustrating how redundant your thinking is.

Mason will be drafted because of his name as well, Hope it turns out better for him.

I doubt they will draft him because his name is Mason.

Free Mason!!!

Never seen someone with two trades for names.

Wouldn’t have been surprised if Ken had a goat tethered in the backyard and an apron somewhere.

Which keyboard hero changed the thread title?

Can only be the poster who started the thread or a mod.

Not sure who, but pretty sure they’re a flog.

And still waiting.

I don’t have a point. Other than pointing out your silly cheerleading, when it comes to most of the the indig kids.

So am I a hero or a flog?

pretty disgraceful

FLOG

To be fair, I haven’t said “Fire” yet.