#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

He must be so excited 👍

Don’t even care if he can play. Just great to have another son-of-a-great around the club. And we’ve done pretty well out father/son selections in the past, have we not??

don’t get carried away. Nothing is official yet

Premature thread given the club still has to officially nominate him.

The nomination when they do father-son stuff counts for nothing as clubs still have the option of changing their mind. I don't expect it to, but of the 2 rookie FS nominations made in October last year, neither was officially nominated come December.

don't get carried away. Nothing is official yet

I thought that if he didn't get picked up in the national draft, we had him already pre-selected as a fs?

The nomination when they do father-son stuff counts for nothing as clubs still have the option of changing their mind. I don't expect it to, but of the 2 rookie FS nominations made in October last year, neither was officially nominated come December.

Then what is stopping another club picking him up in the rookie draft?

don't get carried away. Nothing is official yet

I thought that if he didn't get picked up in the national draft, we had him already pre-selected as a fs?

We have the OPTION.
Don't have to take him at all but we have the ability to with our last pick in the rookie draft.
I would expect us to but it is far from a sure thing.

I thought they‘d brought all the drafts to the same day, not just two of them.
Arrrrrrgh!

Looks like our draft tampering worked, did just enough to justify a rookie spot. Watch him explode in 2015…I guess

Reserve your copy of long now* with our pay later when no one else buys him plan!

*the long you where after may not be there even after you thought you had him as someone else got him first in the odd bins. (yes we know the previous model was brilliant but this one never got tested so good luck. if you get him).

I’m reasonably confident we will add him

I'm reasonably confident we will add him

Hird said in the post draft wrap up video that we have one rookie spot to fill. Suggests to me we've locked him in.

Hird said in the post draft wrap up video that we have one rookie spot to fill. Suggests to me we've locked him in.

Was just about to post the same thing

Seems as though we're gonna be TIPPA-less again.

dont be so quick, he said we will look at a few ruck options, but certainly didn't sound committal

dont be so quick, he said we will look at a few ruck options, but certainly didn't sound committal

listening to what Hird said was interesting at the end, Im not conviced we will take a ruck now. maybe go with Joey and Jake as pinch hitters.

Im biased though as would love to see Tippa get a gig

Let it go Benfti...No Tippa here!

probably not, but I still believe there is a chance, he is under serious consideration

probably not, but I still believe there is a chance, he is under serious consideration

If it comes down to TIPPA or Long (could be quite likely at this stage), who do you want more?

Then what is stopping another club picking him up in the rookie draft?

Plenty. If we want him, he'll be officially nominated as a rookie FS pick early next week (forget whether the deadline is a day or 2 before the draft). Once that happens he's ours as Jason Tutt is highly likely to be the only pick taken in the PSD.

In the unlikely event, we don't officially nominate him he'll be available for the other 17 clubs to draft.