#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

If we don't take Long, can we F/S him next year if he comes on?

And say we have two rookie picks, and we take two other guys in the first two rounds, can any other club then override our F/S rookie option, because we clearly would not be  taking him this year.

And say we have two rookie picks, and we take two other guys in the first two rounds, can any other club then override our F/S rookie option, because we clearly would not be taking him this year.

Pretty sure it would be the same setup again next year. Could be wrong.

I'm reasonably confident we will add him

Hird said in the post draft wrap up video that we have one rookie spot to fill. Suggests to me we've locked him in.
Was just about to post the same thing

Seems as though we're gonna be TIPPA-less again.
dont be so quick, he said we will look at a few ruck options, but certainly didn't sound committal
Let it go Benfti...No Tippa here!
probably not, but I still believe there is a chance, he is under serious consideration

If it comes down to TIPPA or Long (could be quite likely at this stage), who do you want more?
iv been asked this a couple of times, TIPPA is more afl ready and fills a need more immediately, but I feel we have gone down the road to far with Long to not add him, he has a lot of upside given the footy he has missed and how highly he was rated as a 16 year old.
TIPPA really deserves it, done absolutely everything we have asked for him the last 2 years both on field and off. He was arguably our most consistent VFL player who impacted the most games, he was in the best 4 out of 5 of his games back after his ankle.
It really sucks one of them is probably going to miss out.

And say we have two rookie picks, and we take two other guys in the first two rounds, can any other club then override our F/S rookie option, because we clearly would not be  taking him this year.

if he has the ability to make it as an Afl player, we will not get him any cheaper than we will now

We will nominate Jake.

Dodoro says next week will be “exciting”. But will it be Excitement2?

If we don't nominate Long and he goes undrafted then yes there is nothing stopping the club from re-nominating him as a F/S next year.

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at with the 2nd bit but I'll have a go at it...if we officially nominate him, then automatically we have 1 live pick and Long becomes our 2nd Rd pick, assuming I'm understanding your scenario if we then took another player with that pick, you can be damn sure the AFL would launch an investigation, fine us (30k+) and the other clubs slag us off through the media, because you can't change your mind mid-draft if the player is already locked in. If we don't officially nominate him any other club can select him, like Adelaide did with Collingwood's original rookie F/S nomination Jake Kelly last year.

As much as most of us want TIPPA to be our last rookie pick, unfortunately I can't see it happening. We need another ruckman as depth, and besides Giles and Belly, we got nothing. 

If we rookie TIPPA i will officially change my username to benfTIPPA

The interview with Dodoro suggested that Bomber fans are going to love this rookie draft. I assumed he was referring to Long but I wonder if he meant Tippa too. He said that a ruckman wasn't a priority.

http://youtu.be/lt5fO4Yzc5w

What a ■■■■■■ tease is Disco. Not necessarily a ruckman, hrmmmmmm.

You won't be changing your username.

Booooooo

Rookie draft comments by Dodoro were regarding Long imo.

If we don't nominate Long and he goes undrafted then yes there is nothing stopping the club from re-nominating him as a F/S next year.

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at with the 2nd bit but I'll have a go at it...if we officially nominate him, then automatically we have 1 live pick and Long becomes our 2nd Rd pick, assuming I'm understanding your scenario if we then took another player with that pick, you can be damn sure the AFL would launch an investigation, fine us (30k+) and the other clubs slag us off through the media, because you can't change your mind mid-draft if the player is already locked in. If we don't officially nominate him any other club can select him, like Adelaide did with Collingwood's original rookie F/S nomination Jake Kelly last year.
I was getting a bit out with the timing, but I was basing it on not nominating Long.

What selections do we have in the rookie draft? Is it just the one?

If so it makes it very interesting seeing as how Long is there but we are still short on ruckmen…

TIPPA IS A RUCK OPTION

You won't be changing your username.
Booooooo
Christmas ruined

I wonder if we are still into McHarg?

What selections do we have in the rookie draft? Is it just the one?
If so it makes it very interesting seeing as how Long is there but we are still short on ruckmen...

1 more pick AFTER we nominate Long

Long is ours. Harves has been very impressed.

Baulderstone ???