#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

He was okay.
He’s also had a Billion friggin’ years to get to this level.

Could well be our first ten year player to play less than twenty games.

3 Likes

I don’t know if you’re referring particularly to the tackle in the last quarter when he had no-one to give it to and was pinged for HTB? I give him credit for taking the game on - and basically shrugging a tackle - and then being swamped without support.

What does he offer? I’m not sold on him yet, but he has dash and creativity - the very reasons they brought him in for Fanta. I thought there were many worse than him today and that he offered something. In fact, I’d give him another run next week. Hows that?

1 Like

Got caught a couple of time when there was nothing ahead of him to go.

But if that’s the base level of impact you get from a late in, it’s actually alright.

Comments like ‘not as quick as he should be’ are stupid and unhelpful. He’s as quick as he is.

Needs a another couple of games before making a decision.

2 Likes

No, not upset all. I thought it was a good game to build upon. Even if Raz comes up I’d have him in ahead of Trav

2 Likes

Not a Brownlow medalist.
Delist immediately.

3 Likes

Thought he was pretty good. Impacted way more than I expected.

Sucks got done HTB in the last but also involved with a lot of good play as well.

3 Likes

Think you’re confusing him with Goddard

He’s had the same amount of time as Laverde, and they have both played about the same amount of footy vfl/afl in that period

Think he deserves another game- was great, good & not so good… like many others. A few games in a row is the only way to really see his true ability.

Delist

2 Likes

Reckon there was 7 or 8 worse than him today

4 Likes

For his first game in 2 years he offered more than the likes of Myers and Colyer who’ve had a ■■■■■■■ eternity in the seniors.

Blitz is hilarious. 50%+ of the old time supporters would rip everyone a new ■■■■■■■■ for saying David Myers will never make the levels we require for a pick that high, and did so for 7-8 years, wish to put the noose around a young player who turned the ball over early in the last.

Heppells inability to consistently hit a target is far more concerning to me than Jakey’s game ffs. He’d be a walk up start for me next week

6 Likes

Trav wasn’t good, but he’s seen as a senior player. He’ll get given the chance to come good. As any established player does. Agree Jake showed something though. Tackles were good, one percenters were good. Still get’s taken out too easily though.

2 Likes

Statistically there was 13

1 Like

He was okay for his first game back. He was good around the ball, just needs to make decisions quicker.

some lovely slick gives in our more impressive chains of play.

easily better than Colyer and a few others

keep him in next week

2 Likes

Anyone that can’t see the kid Has played a decent game and done his job, Is blinded by hatred.

The kid has played a handful of games, and people are tearing him down. Give me a break. Absolute disgrace and tall poppy syndrome.

13 Likes

Not up to AFL standard. Too light. Not quick. No ability to hit the score board. Needs to be more than a link player.

1 Like

True, hopefully with a bit more exposure he will learn how to get out of those situations

I hope your saying the same sh*t over in the McNeice thread.

1 Like