#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

Hold onto that thought. Word is he’s flying up as an emergency and Myers is no certainty to play.

1 Like

Did more than Colyer, but was only brought in at the last minute.

(a) They always fly an emergency for interstate games and it’s obvious he’ll be the one seeing as he’s not picked in VFL
(b) surely it’s more likely Fanta that is in doubt seeing as that’s who he replaced in the first place.

To be honest though, I’ll be curious to watch the VFL tomorrow . Wouldn’t be surprising if they fly 2 emergencies up, because they fly one up when no-one is under a cloud and this time there are 2.

1 Like

Fingers and eyes crossed for Francis.

Hoping he will get a game as possibly a late planned ‘emergency’ but absolutely sums up the entire problem with coaching team, selection and club.

Season is done, another wasted year after so many wasted years and yet we would prefer to see an under-done and out of form older player like Colyer run around instead of using the opportunity to see what a guy like Long offers having a chance to actual prepare for an AFL game and settle ‘at the level’.

Diabolically bad management.

8 Likes

I agree with you on most things. And this point is spot on.

1 Like

I haven’t been a fan, but I thought he put in a solid first game back performance. I can only assume they’ve made a decision on him, and his selection last week was due to him being the only viable selection as a pressure forward.

We can still reap some benefit from this season by getting a look at some fringe players and getting games into promising prospects. Really we’ve been at this point since R8 when we were 2-6 and coming off a loss to winless Carlton.

2 Likes

If it is indeed a planned emergency, how does it sum up the problem with the coaching team? They planned for him to play?

He’s a glass 99% empty kinda guy.

3 Likes

IN: Long - late change

1 Like

In: Long. :grinning:

Make it really count Longy…

1 Like

Excellent, hopefully he plays well enough to be named again next week

3 Likes

IT’S TIME

LONGY

Turn it on, Longy.
You’ve got it in you somewhere.

1 Like

Righto.

Just really frustrating when instead of giving the kids a run in a season thats over vs playing back ups & rookies that are there to fill gaps when regular 22 players are out injured.

And consequence will be Dodo won’t figure out if they’re up to it and will keep clogging the friggin main & rookie lists up. Yeah love that part of footy

He won’t have to play that well to beat a number of our players who are rubbish atm. Come on Jake.

Jake kicks his first goal for the Dons!!! Keep going, Jake.

3 Likes