#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

As a small forward brought in for his accuracy, poor conversion is not good enough. Green’s kicking has been terrible in the second half of the season.

I’m backing him in. Anyone wanting him delisted can EAD.

4 Likes

LOL. Why?

There’s nothing surer than he will be delisted

3 Likes

I was watching the black team play the blue team at training. Black was pretty much our first team minus Zerrett. Blue team actually did quite well against them. Two players stood out for Blue team Redman and Long.

Long was running rings around them. If we didn’t draft Green, Long could have played that role.

4 Likes

I can possibly see him getting another year when/if the following retire/are delisted: Watson, Stanton, Jerrett, Morgan, Hocking, Howlett, Eades, Smack and probably Bird. That’s 8 and 9 when they ship Bird off as they obviously don’t want to play him.

True; but isn’t that like saying if we didn’t draft Orazio then Jackson Merrett could’ve played his role?

If the draft is weak as is being speculated, and if that flows through to the rookie positions, he might get a lifeline. But right now I can’t see him getting more than a further one year as a rookie. I’ve been and/or seen about 5 VFL matches this year, and he just doesn’t get it enough, and too often doesn’t execute. But he’s certainly got some AFL attributes. Its the potential rather than the runs that may save him (IMO).

I would give him another year.
I would love for him to get an opportunity.
Has speed.

Tippa & Long

Does he have to be added to the senior list? as he has already spent 2 years on the rookie list!!??

isnt the rookie list finished next year anyway?

I’m a fan of keeping him but under the currents rules he doesn’t deserve a spot, Hopefully your right and the rookie list is gone.

Depends on the list of delistees and whether we can attract any mature players through trades. There is literally no outside mid depth and that will afford him some protection, could certainly do with a couple of ■■■■■■ good games though.

Actually, I think he’s spent three years now. My understanding (not perfect to begin with, and this could have changed with the new rules), was that we have to delist him and re-rookie him. However, these players are very seldom poached, so its (should) just be a formality.

My understanding is it is continuing, but players on it can now play seniors at any time.

1 Like

Pretty meh in today’s match. Given what others have shown and been cut, I think Long will go the same way.

Very much an ‘almost’ game today

Dunno if it was just today and the wind, his decision making appeared off.

Can accept a 3 week suspension with an early plea for his hit in the VFL

Ouch.

1 Like

Really bad timing for Jake, with Raz and Green out of the side, and Jerrett opening up a rookie promotion slot with being recently placed on the LTI list. Especially not good timing with his 3 year rookie stint coming to a close.

Can anyone see him getting another contract and promotion onto the main list?

Can he change to a category B rookie given he is from the Tiwi Islands and no one else will likely pick him up?

I am mostly joking about category B, but it would seem the rules can be bent given Ben McNiece was on our VFL list for 2 seasons prior to becoming a category B rookie even though there was supposed to be a limit of 10 state league matches which could be played for a category B rookie to be eligible.

1 Like

Must have been a good hit!