#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

like addicts really.

1 more year man, david myers will beast in one more year.

2 Likes

Those DFAs were past the limit of “how long do you wait” at other clubs. Why are they any more appealing?

1 Like

JAKE

1 Like

I imagined BJ feeding some pretzels to that lion…that is, when he isn’t knocking them off the table. :wink:

1 Like

Fair point frosty. Although putting a kid in a new environment can sometimes be the kickstart they need

Also some of these guys have already shown they can play at the highest level like Crameri and Hartung

1 Like

Yeah, I hate the umpires too

ITS TIME

1 Like

UPGRADE HIM !

2 Likes

JAKE

YESS

There was an article on fox sports about each clubs list changes after first list lodgement yesterday and it listed Long as our only upgraded rookie. I want to believe it but it’s just not a reliable source.

Been upgraded to senior list on one year contract.

Congratulations Jake.

4 Likes

Anyone else surprised?

1 Like

Long played three senior matches in 2016 and averaged 15 disposals, four marks and three tackles across his 15 games in the VFL in 2017.

“Jake has shown a lot of promise in the way he plays. He is mainly on the wing but we think he can play half-back as well,” Worsfold said.

“He has good speed, good ability to break the lines and deliver the ball going forward.

“He continues to grow as a footballer and we think his best footy is ahead.

“Obviously upgrading Jake isn’t a light decision but we see the upside in what he can bring and we think he has learnt a lot about what it takes to be an AFL footballer and he is ready to grab that spot on the senior list.”

1 Like

Really surprising… I guess the club sees something I don’t.
I remember thinking McKenna was no good and he wasn’t going to make it. I was wrong. I hope I’m wrong on this one and again, the club knows what’s best.

Give ‘em hell, Jake!

3 Likes

Translated. We don’t want to use three picks in the draft so needed to upgrade a rookie thus we had to choose between Long and McKernan. We got them to play rock paper scissors and Long won best of three.

5 Likes

Really don’t get the Jarrett call

McKernan just kept going rock then gave away a free kick.

6 Likes

I think there is room for a guy with his attributes if he’s prepared to work on his game. He will need to show a lot more improvement next year though I feel.

I’m happy for him.

2 Likes