#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

Long is a easy target today. How about bump the threads of Goddard, luenberger, Hartley, Langford just to name a few who were just as equally disappointing or worse

1 Like

Yeah cos Brendon Goddard has exactly as much to prove.

This might be one of the stupidest things even you’ve posted.

3 Likes

Was lucky to get promoted to the senior list.
He, Jerrett and McKernan are all lucky to be on a list.

Hartung would be a better prospect. Heck, players who actually perform well for SANFL, WAFL or VFL clubs would be better prospects.

1 Like

I’m not the greatest fan of Goddard, but he got the ball.
Long did not.

And…you know what?
Who cares about this game?
I don’t.
All this game showed is that Long is exactly as good as he showed he was last year.
Which is not very.
Even at VFL level.
If he wasn’t contracted to an AFL club, he’d be lucky to get a VFL game.

I’m sorry, it’s not his fault we signed him up.

1 Like

I’m not sure you interpreted my post correctly. All I’m saying is don’t single out a kid who had a bad game who wasn’t expected to do much. I mean, did anyone really expect much out of long today?

He’s shown nothing over several years of VFL.

3 Likes

You’d be amazed how much time I spend worrying about what you think.

“Not expected to do much”?
4th year on the list.
So that’s fine. Have another contract.

There were a few worse today.

There’s been few less deserving of a list spot based on the last three years of form.

There comes a point where players like Longy, SMack and Jerret simply must be given a chance to show what they have, because of the time they have spent on the list. Of the 3 SMack is going well. He at least is staking a claim for a spot in the side for Round 1.

To be fair, one is in their 9th season, one in their 7th, the other their 4th, so the scale differs on all of them somewhat.

1 Like

I would have dumped SMACK and Jerret last year and kept Longy. Jake didnt look good out there. He actually looked a lot better in 2016.

I hope that’s a Typo!

1 Like

Yes its a typo. Thanks.

What a load of bullshit. So because certain players have been on the list for a long time they should get a game? It purely comes down to form or addressing a gap.

You guys have nailed it. If Long didn’t play today, we probably would’ve won. If it wasn’t for Long, it’s safe to say Stringer, Green, Jerrett, Zerrett, Zaka, Hartley, BJ, Brown, Irish, Gleeson, Joey, Dea, Baguley, Langford, Tippa, Hepp, Draper, Begley and Leuey all would’ve killed it. He dragged each and every one of them down to his pathetic level.

9 Likes

I think the club thinks the first two are useful depth and Longy will make the leap from VFL cameo player to AFL player

I think the club made the wrong call on all 3 counts. All lucky.

Dude got three kicks and three free kicks against.

Excessively facetious.

He got 2 kicks :wink:

We had maybe a handful of players who didn’t embarrass themselves and he wasn’t one them.

No there won’t