#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

I think I’d prefer him over jerret

5 Likes

After raz the best small forward we have available now.

1 Like

We really are in trouble then

1 Like

Another one either play him or delist him

1 Like

Wasn’t he suspended the first 4 games? Bit hard to play him

BRING

He just has not done what it takes, unfortunately.

I strongly believe that the reason we signed him for another year was because last years draft was ■■■■ and we didn’t want to sign a late spud for two years. If he is on our list next year I’ll be very, very surprised. A genuinely awful footballer with zero game sense. Was drafted based on his last name and a hint of potential.

He was drafted because he was worth the risk, after the 16’s champs (he missed the 18’s with an injury) he was rated in the top 20 players In the country.

His name, just meant that risk was going to cost ■■■■ all.

4 Likes

The best games I’ve seen him play were the 2 seniors ones in 2016. I suspect he is a better player in a better team.

Got talent but tries to do tje flashy rather than percentages. Suspension has cost him as needs match practice and will have no chance once fantasia back.

He and.merrett the back ups and the opening came at the wrong time for jake.

He’s not a small forward though.

I reckon he’s ready to explode. What he’s added recently is that he’s started to find the ball. Previously he’s found it 11 times. In those 11 ties he’d do 3 or 4 really good things, 6 normal things and a couple of unbelievable brain explosions where he’s tried something so outrageous and it has failed so badly that it’s the only thing anyone remembers for 6 months.

Towards the end of last year he started finding it 20+ times per game more regularly I reckon (don’t quote stats at me, it’s late and I can’t be bothered looking up whether my perception is true)

Being suspended was a monumental stuff up… But he got through a half in the VFL where he had it 14 times. Still a couple of stuff ups, but if he contains it to a couple, but gets the thing 30 times per game then we’ll have a player.

I reckon he’s going to get there. Improvement’s slow, but FFS, he’s 188, quick, agile, with good hands and can use the ball. I’d much rather be giving him opportunities than about 10 guys who have been playing this year. The improvement trend is the right direction, and his ceiling is way way higher than most of the guys on the list.

7 Likes

I’ve said it before and I know it sounds crazy, given his build - but I would just love to see him have a run of games playing inside mid/extractor. That’s where I see his talents.

1 Like

Inside mid I reckon means he doesn’t have time to imagine the completely insane crazy stuff. Just act on instinct. Good idea!

I completely agree with this. I thought after them games he looked a good prospect

I’d definitely give him a run at some stage in the seniors to have another look

1 Like

Possibly. Could’ve had Jarrod Garlett, Billy Gowers, Ellis-Yolmen or Hartung though.

We could have left McNeice on the rookie B list and picked up one of those guys too

Delist. If his name was Smith or Jones they would have done it already. His game consists of a couple of party tricks that sometimes work, and that’s it. It has no substance. I wouldn’t even offer a spot on the VFL list.

1 Like

If his name was Jones I might be a fan, Jake Jones is a good name. Has a professional wrestling cadence to it.

5 Likes

Or Merrett? Or McKernan? Just like they’ve been delisted?

The club has backed him in because, unlike most players on our list, he’s gotten better and better every year. He’s now ready to play. It’s up to the coach to pick him now.

1 Like

That’s 3 spots I’d make available next year.

4 Likes