#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

You forgot Tippa

He hasn’t got better and better, though.
Why do you say that?
And ‘unlike the rest of our list’?? Come on, that’s rubbish.

I reckon he’s improved. The next 6 weeks will be fairly critical for him though.

1 Like

How could anyone tell recently if he’s improved? He’s played a bit more than half a game this year.

But I definitely agree the next 6 weeks or so are critical for him. Hell, if he could have a couple of blinders in the next 2 weeks he might get a crack at Green’s spot in the 1’s before he is back and then you never know.

If he hasn’t made it by now, he will never make it. Delist at the end of the year

2 Likes

As in I think he was better in the 2s last year than the previous year (but in the previous year he had some nice cameos in the seniors.

This year who would know…

As for robbo’s “if he hasn’t made it now”

We have all the patience in the world with guys who have been through the system, and have had every opportunity to develop their game. But when it comes to guys that we know are going to take time, we’re all impatient and can’t accept it.

He’s the same draft generation as Lav and Lang, but was coming from a fair way behind those guys because of injuries. Neither of them are there yet, but I think the majority would be against stamping their papers as of today. When all 3 were drafted I would have thought we’d all have been pretty comfortable suggesting Long was the furthest away, Langford the middle and Lav would have been expected to get to where we wanted first. Lav has obviously had injuries, but Long was always going to be a 4 year burn.

We’ll assess at the end of the year. It will probably be obvious what the answer is (assuming no injury interruptions)

4 Likes

CMON WOOSH

Bring Him In

1 Like

DELIST. IMMEDIATELY

Haha. Yeah we never hang onto useless white guys.

3 Likes

Seriously. You start flinging race cards around. Amazing. And ■■■■ poor.

5 Likes

tbf, you flung out the name card.

I said if his name wasn’t Long he wouldn’t still be there. No race remarks at all. Or do you want to read racism into it because I used the names Smith and Jones?

5 Likes

What if his name was David Myers?

2 Likes

I’m not sure I like this returned, cranky Reboot.

6 Likes

Riolio Should have said vanilla panic merchants

2 Likes

That’s Boot’

I for one am glad this reboot is back, he’s very entertaining.

5 Likes

Fark. Didn’t last year teach you anything Woosh.

Bring pace back. BRING THIS GUY IN.

at least theres no ban hammer to follow up this time.