#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

That’s rubbish. I’ve had my doubts about him. Lots of talent, not enough appetite. But can’t complain about today. Did his bit and showed something. Take the blinkers off.

Yeah, but…Laverde’s a player.

He’s half a step too slow for AFL with his decision making. Thought he applied himself well however, but he got caught holding the ball 3-4 times today when he dithered on the ball and didn’t give the first option.

3 Likes

McNiece is just as useless.

1 Like

Would select Long before Colyer this week if Fantasia is fit.

3 Likes

He’s played no AFL football for 2 years, and people expect that he instantly adjusts to the pace of the game.

I can’t say I’ve seen enough to definitively make that call.

1 Like

Kept Josh Thomas to 11 disposals. I’m not his biggest fan by any stretch but he did his job as a negating player.

2 Likes

People expect him to be his Dad.

I think people have a chip on their shoulder about the opportunities afforded to Father-Son players.

Some people might, not all do.

4 Likes

We shouldn’t be discussing Colyer at all imo, Long, Mutch, Clarke should be the guys that we try and see over the last six weeks. Long is playing for his career, I’m 80% sure he won’t make it but he did show signs today - I think Trav is done and we can’t afford to keep carrying him (and Myers) on account of their one good game in every four and great clubman status.

1 Like

Good Grief indeed. Finals are all but shot, give him more runs

1 Like

He was average last week in the VFL. Same problem. Too slow. Too light. No weapon.

He was ok last week. Wasn’t his best game. But a lot of players were off because of the weather conditions.
The week before he had a blinder. Probably best on the ground in the first half.

I thought he was OK bar those two HTB’s.

9 Likes

Did some good things and linked up well with some nice handballs.

Took the game on in some dangerous parts of the ground and found wanting though, could have been also from lack of options to dispose too.

Was unlucky to have that free against him with grundy, should have been no prior.

If Raz is out next week, id keep him in.

Guelfi looks tanked to me. Needs a rest. (Cue the stock-standard “he yung and shud play every game 4 eva”)

5 Likes

Did enough to get another game.

He’s shown nothing in AFL to suggest he is.