#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

I’d rather him than Green.

9 Likes

THIS.

How good was he. Rekon was running at close to 100% disposal efficiency until those dying minutes. And many of those disposals were split second gives.

I saw a lot to like & obviously room for improvement.

And for the critics… I’ve seen Cale, Hep & Hurls cost us as many games this year as they’ve won them off the back of their own sublime play. So think can’t mark him too hard.

2 Likes

Watching the replay, I don’t get all the dislike directed toward him, reminds me of the similar treatment McKenna got. He was better with ball in hand than most of his team mates and better without too; equal 3rd for pressure acts along with 5 tackles, more than both Colyer and Baguley. His handballs actually hit targets on the move, releasing them, whereas some of his teammates couldn’t hit a stationary target to save a life.

I wouldn’t take note of clanger counts they include frees against so they can be misleading, especially when you take into account our recent form with the umps.

8 Likes

LONGY

3 Likes

I agree.

He did some very nice things and at least needs a few more opportunities.

Good hands in close. Instrumental in a number of good passages of play. First half in particular.

Caught twice. Once due to his peanut teammates not talking.

Deserves another chance.

1 Like

One of them he wasn’t even really caught. He didn’t even take possesion. Grundy just fell on him and dragged ball in.

6 Likes

I get the feeling most would have been more forgiving if he’d have built up a raft of good VFL performances and earning his way in as opposed to basically getting the last minute call in to cover for an injured player.

3 Likes

Would they have preferred Jackson Merrett play?

5 clangers, think he got caught HTB three times. The last one being unforgivable.

Watch more football.

1 Like

I think they would have preferred neither.

you mean like he did for the first half of the year?

Mate I’ve paid a lot of attention and he had a few good games but was nowhere near consistent. Many, many were ahead of him.

1 Like

Didn’t know Josh Green had so many fans, unless people wanted us to play with 21 players.

its all relative, you cannot say this hasn’t been his best year. we have ■■■■ all wingers too.

easy maths. but nah lets bring fumbles mcNotFit in straight away…

3 Likes

I like it how people demand that like for like replacements are always made, it’s not like this is a premiership winning team. Oh we dropped a small? A small MUST come in. A tall out? a tall MUST come in…We’re sitting at 12th so it’s not like we have a premiership structure, Josh Green was not the only suitable replacement.

I like Long and hope he gets a few more games to prove himself, I do think his form in recent weeks did not warrant a recall. I have a feeling he got a bit of the ball due to the zero respect being shown to him against Collingwood but we’ll see how he goes this weekend.

1 Like

I reckon there was a huge block last year when he had sustained performances and he couldn’t get a look in. It maybe relative but his form in recent weeks has been pox and didn’t deserve a recall, he got lucky that he was rushed in.

I didn’t want McNiece in and Colyer baffled me also.

Struggled to adapt to the pace of AFL but liked the way he tried to take the game on. Deserves a decent run of games to see if he can learn from his mistakes. I’m not convinced he will make it but give him a run at it and make the decision at seasons end

4 Likes

Yeah. That was a shocker by the umpire.

1 Like