#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

If we need another member of the team blazing away, trying to snap a goal from 45 metres in traffic, Green is your man.

1 Like

Inclined to agree with the boot here.

He’s not awful…just a bit pedestrian.

Just needs more experience lacks confidence, he just needs that game to transform him into the player he can be

The question is who is the worst player on the list

I think the only thing I have seen which I have thought was above standard was his quick hands in close and tackling. Not really the body shape, but I think if he is going to make it, he needs to get to stoppages. Not the outside player you would think. I don’t mind him getting caught a bit, I prefer players to hold it until they get an option ala kyle langford.

1 Like

Thought he was a bit better this week. Actually looked to take the ball forward, kick it, and a bit more decisive. If he’s got a role at AFL level it’s as a good kick off half back/wing. Still not sure he’s got the tank or the positioning but he does have the footskills.

The goal he kicked was an important one, it helped to stem the flow and kept us in the game, just when GC had all the play and momentum going their way.

1 Like

was refreshing to see him put it through the goal and into teammates hands, after a turgid night.

There were two opportunities he had to have a ping and he centred the ball to a crowded goal face. His kicking is his weapon, needs to back himself a little more. We lose nothing by giving him some more opportunities. It’s a bit of a no brainer for mine.

2 Likes

I don’t think his kicking is that good, actually.
Walla’s field kicking is good. Long’s is…barely passable.

If his last name wasn’t Long all those making excuses for him would be calling for a delisting.

1 Like

He’s been pretty forgettable so far, but we need to give him a couple more to have a decent look at him.
Still in the delist column for me at present.

2 Likes

I’m unloading him from the cannon as we speak.

2 Likes

Who are you loading in there though?

I wouldn’t.
Couldn’t be bothered quoting myself over the years.
Take your prejudices and shove em where the sun don’t shine.
Or stop acting like a spoilt kiddie and accept there are different opinions in the world

2 Likes

I smell a re-rookie-ing coming for Jake, it wouldn’t be an Essendon off-season without one

Last season we didn’t have a delist and re-rookie.

So we’re probably due

We did elevate McNeice from Cat B to Cat A though, does that count?

1 Like

Sure we did. McKernan.

2 Likes

McKernan was a couple of seasons ago I thought? I thought he was elevated after 2015, then after 2016 he was demoted back to rookie list?