#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

He was slow and had zero awareness. Can’t stand up in a tackle. What exactly does he offer?

2 Likes

I stand by Jake.

Game was ok. I think he needs to go first option more. But he was involved in a few bits of good play.

A couple of the holding the ball decisions against him were crap. He’s probably used to fairer vfl umpiring.

1 Like

17 kicks 5 marks, 5 tackles and 5 score involvements going at 88% disposal efficiency.

Makes a couple of mistakes which are totally down to not being up to speed with the pace of afl football because he hasn’t played at AFL level in 2 years, an he gets hung out to dry because of that.

Farken blitz

23 Likes

He was okay.
Doubt very much we’ll hang onto him.

You cannot blame him alone because he wasn’t alone. Too many players who were half hearted passengers.

Please boys if you are looking for a role model look no further than Devon Smith.

Meh. He can develop in the vfl thanks

De gorey beat us single handly in last qtr.
Him pendles and sidearse.

Players on those guys cost us not Jake.
And missed opportunities in front of goal.

3 Likes

It’s just easier to blame Jake you see

It’s AFL seniors against the 2nd placed team, can’t just waltz out of defence. Played a pretty solid game but ■■■■ me he has been in the system a fair while now, he ain’t going to get many more chances.

What role does he play? He doesn’t add to the team.

Wing, outside run, helping set up forward movements

Like what he did today.

5 Likes

I like he fact he tried to be the man to get us out of sticky situations, and he did it a few times and was caught some.

I prolly like in to saads early games this year, he got caught a few times and looked avg.
but a few more games and he will pull more moves off.

2 Likes

We have plenty of those

He was better than Guelfi and Colyer today.

2 Likes

I thought he was really good. He got to the contest. Layed a few shepherds. Put in a heap of tackles.

Made a couple of mistakes but so does everyone.

He’ll be playing again next week.

3 Likes

Who else? Who wasn’t playing today?

Nowhere near our biggest concern right now.

Now Myers and Colyer are actual concerns. As is Heps kicking.

3 Likes

He was ok. Definitely did enough, as I have said earlier. But the fact is there were too many fark ups - needs to tighten his game up a bit. Sorry if I upset you by pointing out the obvious. But if Raz doesn’t come up next week, Jake did enough to hold his spot.

Another one we need to let go and Delist. Not AFL quality we tried to keep the name going but it didn’t work. Goodbye

This is retarded. No one is claiming he is a freaking Brownlow medalist but he wasn’t bad.

Good grief, its as if his pass mark is his old man.

8 Likes