#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

Do people even remember what an absolutely crap ruckman Smack is? FFS, I'd rather use Walla.

Can you imagine the amount of free kick hawthorn will have to put up round one?

Seriously though smack isn’t great in the ruck contest but he is ■■■■■■ good once it hits the ground.

Are there rules about how far out from the season players can be put on the lti?

Yeah he struggles with the ruck part of being a ruckman but other than that…
Do people even remember what an absolutely crap ruckman Smack is? FFS, I'd rather use Walla.

Agree that he’s not a very good tap ruckman (mainly due to being undersized) but what are our options if Looney were unavailable to play for any period of time in the early part of the season?

There are none.

He’s a midget ruck man. Midget key forward. And slow small forward. Just not made for the modern afl game

He's a midget ruck man. Midget key forward. And slow small forward. Just not made for the modern afl game

That’s all correct apart from your comment about being a midget key forward.

Comments about his Jordan Silk like neck aside, at 1.96m he’s still slightly taller than average for a key forward.

Doesn’t make him very good at that role of course, but he’s certainly tall enough.

Oh,… ummmm … does this mean the Seany Mac thread is now the Jake Long thread too?

Oh,.. ummmm .. does this mean the Seany Mac thread is now the Jake Long thread too?

Only because he has a long neck, unlike Long.

Oh,.. ummmm .. does this mean the Seany Mac thread is now the Jake Long thread too?

Start talking about Jake Long and I’m sure it will get back on the track you want/that the thread was intended for. Which you’ve kind of done lol.

No big deal that conversations emerge and digressions occur for a moment.

Morgan looks fit.

Morgan looks fit.

Thats not Morgan, thats Patrick Ambrose

Morgan looks fit.

I think you mean Andrew Lovett-Murray

Looking at that and looking at photos from him this pre season it looks like he has put on a few kilos since last yeae

Looking at that and looking at photos from him this pre season it looks like he has put on a few kilos since last yeae

To be expected. He certainly has enough room to put on a kilo or few.

Morgan looks fit.

Acctually its Tayte Pears. My mistake

Been looking at that pic for 5 minutes now and that Carlton player doesn’t look like catching him!

Morgan looks fit.

Acctually its Tayte Pears. My mistake

Actually its Anthony Long, he is finally over his injuries and worth his second round national draft pick.
Comparisons with Allan Christensens career will be over by seasons end.

Geez we did well to get Francis (Carlisle), Colyer, Redman (Melksham), Howlett, Z Merrett (Crameri) out of the 2009 draft & Rookie draft.

And we still whinge about missing on Barlow.

Been looking at that pic for 5 minutes now and that Carlton player doesn’t look like catching him!

James Kelly is probably a better chance

Wouldn’t it be unbelievable for the spirit of the club to see Long Jnr make a play for an upgrade this season.

Today he hopefully gets a chance to show the club, and us, that he is the real deal and made further progress.

A missing piece to our midfield mix is a classy,quick, and elite disposing wingman.

I want this boy to be it.

Not sure he’s there yet. Agree that there’s our missing piece. Zaka at his best, if consistent, would be our closest thereto…

I watched him during the intraclub game. He seemed to be in the action quite a bit. Didn’t do much wrong, and some of his passes into the F50 were nice and flat and spearing. I don’t think he’s too far off it. I’d love to see him get a run of senior games in the near future. I reckon he could surprise a lot of us.