#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

We didn’t bring begley in for green, they both played last week

2 Likes

Anyway we don’t really have a like for like replacement for green. Honestly begley is probably the closest

Long is the closest, but I’d take a not-particularly-similar player in Begley over him. But I’d take Long over Howlett.

From the vfl I have watched I’ve barely seen long forward.

1 Like

I thought he’d been moved forward in the second half of the year

Honestly thought when he played seniors he showed something.

Thought with some more strength he was a rough chance to get on and stay on the list.

You’re not wrong, more wing than anything, but he’s almost the only quick guy down there.

1 Like

Right you are. Got my smalls mixed up.

Have heard from a good source that we were most likely going to play Long in the seniors this week, until he got suspended. The coaches wanted some more pace in the side and Long was told that he was close, which is why both he and the club are disappointed that he’s now unavailable. Not sure what that means re a contract for next year though, just thought I’d share.

8 Likes

I know we’ve already got a lot of ‘cool stuff’ pre chrissie, but jeese id love to see LONGY elevated and persevered with

I’ve seen enough (a bit) in the ones, screw all you naysayers!!

6 Likes

Spandex Ballet:

Cause you are Long (Loooong)
Always believe that you’re strong.
You’ve got the power to know (your Dad did the impossible)
Always believe in…

2 Likes

Delist. Is deadset ordinary

4 Likes

Keep.

1 Like

Upgrade

1 Like

I hope he stays on the list also.

I feel the game is changing in his favor. Could benefit from playing as a small fwd with his tackling pressure. He has tricks just needs to be more decisive.

2 Likes

I would like to see him used as a defensive small forward.

He and Green should be playing for the same role.

3 Likes

Hasn’t done near enough to justify being upgraded. Can he be delisted and be picked up as a rookie again? That is about his only chance. Borderline at best, but l would love to see him succeed, needs to do something significant and soon.

1 Like

seriously is nowhere near it. plays like kommer without the grit.

1 Like

Obviously none of you saw that pass to Daniher

7 Likes