#34 Jake Long - you’re cut, so long

It’s not at all surprising.

Many people on here have been saying he will be upgraded, and the club is relatively happy with his progression in development.

All those people who live interstate, or simply don’t get around to see VFL haven’t seen him play this year. He has improved. It was always going to take longer for Jake to get to this level because of his injuries pre draft & his focus on finishing school above playing football.

2 Likes

I went to many VFL games this year and I did not feel he did enough. Was not finding enough of the ball and he was not damaging when he did find it.
Having said that, I think he’s the type of player who does better at AFL level. We saw what he could do at the back end of 2016 and I’m confident the club would know what areas he needs to be working on to improve.

2 Likes

Like the other 2, its so w don’t have to draft 6 kids this draft.

He has shown a lot more than Morgan

5 Likes

John jarratt?

1 Like

Been a slow burn with Jake but here’s hoping he can make good of his potential.

Upgrade should be big confidence boost for him.

Like a horse with a great bloodline, you just gotta give him every chance.
Showed sparks and glimses- hopefully a late bloomer like his Dad as far as strength.

Just got a weird feelling that this kid will make it on a wing.

6 Likes

He’s very fkg lucky to get another contract imo

12 Likes

His dad was a late developer.i’m assuming the people in the know think this will happen with Jake. I see his potential at half back…he has excellent agility and good speed and good height…needs to get stronger and not try to do too much all the time.

1 Like

SO FARKN FAPPY

Liking the whole package there magicalcharlie, good times

1 Like

Wow

No he wasn’t, he was good out the gate, he was in the senior team almost straight away.

5 Likes

What’s your take on Jake then Benfti?

Didn’t he come down to ESS as a 22 year old or something?

1 Like

yes

and Jake is 21

19, played a senior season at West Torrens then came to us

1 Like

Glad to have Longy here for another year. Certainly shows glimpses of brilliance- hope he can keep improving & become the great player we all hope he can be.

2 Likes

No, he was 19. He had a season in Adelaide with West Torrens in 1988 and was pretty well straight into our side in '89.

All Australian in 1988 before he arrived at efc.