"The live music industry is dead"

Ask Michael Hurley.

He wont' return my calls...

I'm not understanding some things here.... Do people really think that some people out on the ■■■■ don't cause fights, and it's only people on other substances that do?

Seems so.

I'd interpreted it differently - the alcohol doesn't make them cause the fights, the fact they are dickheads in the first place does and alcohol is just an excuse.

I have a slightly different take, which I've shared before. Some people DO get punchy on the grog, but if you do and you still drink, you're an ■■■■■■■ and it ain't the grogs fault.

You used to be a bouncer yeah 'boot? I did a little of that 15 or so years ago in the country (Latrobe Valley). From my (limited) experience, the guys who caused the trouble when on the ■■■■ were the same guys who were trouble off it.

I'm not understanding some things here.... Do people really think that some people out on the ■■■■ don't cause fights, and it's only people on other substances that do?

Seems so.

I'd interpreted it differently - the alcohol doesn't make them cause the fights, the fact they are dickheads in the first place does and alcohol is just an excuse.

I have a slightly different take, which I've shared before. Some people DO get punchy on the grog, but if you do and you still drink, you're an ******* and it ain't the grogs fault.

You used to be a bouncer yeah 'boot? I did a little of that 15 or so years ago in the country (Latrobe Valley). From my (limited) experience, the guys who caused the trouble when on the ■■■■ were the same guys who were trouble off it.

Tend to agree. Bar Ice which seems to bring out destructive side of people, Alcohol or most other drugs never seemed to turn someone from one opposite to the other.

People who were angry and agressive in the first place, combined with alcohol however, well yes.

I've crapped on about this before, so yeah but I reckon it would be interesting to see from an   anthropological stance whether tougher punishments for alcohol related actions, or any drug related actions, would decease it's prevalence in our society.

Have 'roids been mentioned as part of the discussion?