#35 Matt Guelfi - now til 2024!

How the ■■■■ is he still employed?

im tired robbie

just ■■■■■■■ end me blud

3 Likes

With a new coach, emerging small forwards and midfielders, this is not a season you’d want to have injuries force you out of contention for the long-term.

It’s the Mahave Desert of the AFL :joy:

The more I think about this… is it a case of Murphy being completely and utterly useless, or is it that we’ve been so undemanding of our players for so long that they are totally unequipped to handle the intense physical preparation that BDB wanted.

A bit of both maybe?

good old hamstring soreness.

2 Likes

6 weeks‽ What club does this when someone subs on for 15 mins

Useless football club

2 Likes

It’s funny, we have all these small forwards on the list: Tippa, Davey, Wanganeen, Menzie (only had 1 AFL preseason) yet Guelfi is probably the only one with the required endurance levels to properly run out a game at AFL … so of course he’s the one injured :man_facepalming::sweat_smile:

Snelling too I guess, but he’s as slow as a wet week which isn’t ideal for a genuine small forward.

you will find this is all just bad luck guys

11 Likes

Like poor recruiting has been Dodo’s bad luck?

4 Likes

If that’s the case keep Menzie and Davey out of the votes please

It’s got to be something in terms of how we prepare our players from a fitness and conditioning perspective, or it may be the lack of professionalism and diligence of the players towards how they prepare and how they live their lives away from the club. Are they dedicating themselves totally to ensuring they are as fit as they possibly can be? Do they eat and drink the right food to fuel their bodies? Do they get on the ■■■■ too much? How do they look after themselves when they are injured. It all has to be brought into question. It’s not bad luck. There’s got to be a reason for all of this. It’s as much of a problem as list management that needs to be forensically investigated.

2 Likes

Or its just that we are a ■■■■ club with ■■■■ standards across every department

And yet the heads of these departments survived the off-season. Curious, eh?

2 Likes

Not lost on me. Yes, Rutten was a problem and I agreed with his sacking (but not the way it was handled), but simply booting the coach is not enough. More needs to be done in relation to fitness and conditioning and also list management and why we are so far off the pace in both those areas compared to other clubs in the AFL.

2 Likes

Or have we gone ultra conservative on sports science since… The dark times.

4 Likes

BRING OUT THE BETA

Guelfi is borderline best 22 IMO. The sooner we move on from him / upgrade the bett… oh wait… he’s injured?! Shattered. Guelfi is such a vital cog in our best 22. Why does this keep happening to us?

3 Likes

Sheedy needs to tell us if Murphy knows this is his last year…

8 Likes