#35 Matt Guelfi - now til 2024!

5 Likes

Needs to work on his tackling.

He’s been completely shrugged of 4-5 times this year.

Nobody else has come close to that

2 Likes

You need blokes like Guelf. Smart user of the ball and is the very definition of Utility. Does everything you ask of him.

Seriously underrated.

5 Likes

And lays a farking shepherd!

2 Likes

I like how he does this stuff. Job isn’t finished with the handball, he follows up with the shepherd/bump. That stuff is valuable.

guelfi

19 Likes

So valuable. It’s really frustrating watching players run with the ball carrier when one only needs to dish out a bump to clear a path

5 Likes

Yep, and we have a couple of blokes that are serial offenders.

It’s our younger group that are setting the standard as far as shepherding and blocking is concerned. Guelfi and Clarke through the middle with Conor, Redman and Walla on the outside.

He’s more than an honest jobber, agree he does seem to need to work a little on his strength, this will come.

He’s still quite young.

1 Like

Needs to start making more of his touches if he wants to continue to develop.

We all no he puts in week on week but the few times he does actually get the ball he kicks it in the general direction of our forwardline.

Kicking action is fine but the total lack of composure.

its most likely going to be heavily worked on in pre-season for him. but his defensive efforts are great. i dont remember a player for us whose been so good at spoiling the ball. he scraps and fights for the ball every time

3 Likes

Must stay in the team week after week. A player like Guelfi will always give 100%. Particularly when the opposition gather some momentum, you know he will be on the bottom of the pack. A finals type of player.

I think he clearly needs a rest. One fantastic smother notwithstanding.

Got two today actually.
How about that mark as well

1 Like

Love that he throws his body at the ball.

One percenters leader surely

2 Likes

???

1 Like

dont understand why people want this bloke dropped - great intent again and i really rated his game all over the ground. if he kicked those two goals he wouldve been in my votes…

1 Like

Ordinary kick, not particularly big, not all that fast, not a great tackler either.

Sure he has a good dip at body contests, but that’s just not enough to base a career on, particularly as a wingman.

IMO.

1 Like

out for the year

Injury?