#35 Matt Guelfi - now til 2024!

The game has gone the way of an abundance of role players surrounded by a few guns and guelfi fits that mould perfectly. I would be more than happy to have another few like him instead of higher skilled players with a bigger reputation who have been pushed out to the flanks and pockets (ie. Zaharakis types).

3 Likes

That no-look handball to Hepp in the middle of some heavy traffic was a thing of beauty.

4 Likes

Hey was really good inside today. Keeps improving.

This bloke cracks in constantly.

Shows a lot of heart.

Lost track of how many times I said today ā€œaww well done Guelfā€ for another big effort.

Great to watch.

6 Likes

Spot onā€¦ Richmond and West Coast showed it with their supposedly ho hum lists. Young, fit, and strong-bodied role playersā€¦ with a couple of go-tos on each lineā€¦ the rest is coaching and buy-in from the players

Mr Reliable

Looks like Snelling is cut from a similar cloth

1 Like

He is becoming more consistent.

1 Like

BOG for mine today.

As I mentioned in the review thread he set the tone for his team mates from the first bounce with his attack on the ball, excellent decision making and clean ball use throughout the game.

Went just as well by the end of the game as he started it.

Best game by him for the club so far.

2 Likes

Only got to see bits and pieces today but a couple of times I ducked inside to have a look he was always involved in the play
Saw him give a superb blind/out the back hand-pass to maybe Parish? Second quarter i think it was

1 Like

He was fantastic today, along with Parish and Dlarke were tough and relentless.

He had the JJohnsons about him today.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if Iā€™m alone in this but I see more than an average role player in him.
Sure he is a little inconsistent at this stage of his career but guys like Francis seem to get infinitely more excuses made for them
He may not have Francis levels of upside but I can see him becoming a very very handy player for us

5 Likes

Was brilliant today. Love heā€™s competitiveness

2 Likes

The thing that impresses me with Guelfi is that he will have a bad 1/4, but instead of getting down about, he just goes in harder, works harder and keeps trying to win the ball at all costs. I love that. You canā€™t teach that to someone, that has to come from within and he has it in spades.

10 Likes

Yep absolutely hates losing a contest and has the drive to keep pushing himself to improve his game

2 Likes

Helps when your a blue chip top ten draftee, a little more room for error and mediocrity which is unfair.

1 Like

Absolutely, Francis will make it i think but goes through longer patches of poor form and is defender much more strongly than a Guelfi type

A young Mark Harvey comes to mind when I watch Guelfi.

And thats one of the highest compliments I can give to a young player because Harvey was courage personified hard as farking nails

13 Likes

Didnā€™t see the match but overall heā€™s playing well this year. Good on him.

1 Like

Is there any video footage on Snellingā€™s game in the VFL?