#35 Matt Guelfi - now til 2024!

Hes a better kick than fking McKenna at the moment…

1 Like

maybe if our team would ■■■■■■■ move instead of being lazy stationary ■■■■■.

2 Likes

He’s happy and has every right to be. He’s playing his role really well.

3 Likes

“I had to dye my hair so Donnington wouldn’t recognise me.”

9 Likes

I swear he pulls off 2 smothers a game. Might not sound like much but little things like that really inspire teammates.

4 Likes

For the record, i think McKenna is a massive cog in our team and very important to executing our game style. But you’re kidding yourself if you think his kicking hasnt been poor the last few weeks

2 Likes

If we had two more Guelfis and two more Devon Smiths, we’d be in much better shape as a side.

These are guys who are willing to work with and without the ball.

2 Likes

His best game for the club. Let’s hope he can keep it up.

1 Like

The Guelf.

Im not a Guelfi fan but was good on Saturday night.

He needs to bring that week in week out given that he is not blessed with talent.

Played well on ANZAC Day then had 2 poor games so needs to consistently hunt the ball like he did on Saturday night

What’s his cue word?

Q word?

I would suggest the C word.

Richmond win a flag with a team full of these kinds of blokes… hard running tackle machines

5 Likes

I don’t know if it is the bottle blonde hair, but he is kind of reminding me of Mark McVeigh atm

1 Like

Is that like a ‘safe word’?

2 Likes

I think he’s gonna be a ‘1 good game, 3 crap ones’ kind of player

fantastic game today

4 Likes

It’s an excellent mix of 1st, 2nd and 3rd efforts with Guelfi. And he plays smart where he thinks about when to go in or stay back. And he found space today to offer uncontested marking options.
A lot to like about him.

15 Likes

As I said in the votes, this kid does more without the ball than any other player in the team. Smothers, tackles, shepherds, spoils, all the 1%'ers that everyone notices but rarely gets credited for when people start looking at a players stats. He just never accepts that he isn’t in the contest and can’t influence the game.

12 Likes