#35 Matt Guelfi - now til 2024!

I kinda don’t care about the Rising star nom, but it’s great that both Ridley and Guelfi have had games worthy of the nod.

Hopefully Mutch, Redman, Clarke & Francis join that list later on in the year

Getting good form out of that list is crucial to pushing the club forward.

2 Likes

Must say Guelfi had a great game against GWS.

I remember one contest where he went back in flight hard in defence against taller opposition and killed the ball over the boundary line when he had no right.

He has a great intensity about him.

2 Likes

The way the rising star works, he could play a blinder against Richmond but some other kid who has had a good run of games gets the nomination. Then he could have bit of a drop off the following round and get the nomination because he played really well the preceding rounds.

1 Like

The way the rising star works, he could play a blinder against Richmond but some other kid who has had a good run of games gets the nomination. Then he could have bit of a drop off the following round and get the nomination because he pushed that ■■■■ weak Buckley aside like a palm frond and told him to fark off after Buckley did the head butt.

3 Likes

I don’t care where we picked This kid in the draft…
He’s a first round pick. Probably a top 5 pick. This kid is a gun.

2 Likes

Absolute hard nut. Great 1st half against tigers, play him rest of the year, very happy with this unit.

1 Like

Stood up in a pressure cooker. Love him allready

2 Likes

Hard as nails.

3 Likes

Chose to bump cotchin when he could have tackled. Just for that he plays every game this year.

12 Likes

Doesn’t panic, plays the percentages, goes in hard.
Some of our senior players seem to have forgotten these basics.

2 Likes

love his pressure and effort around the footy, thought he made a few dumb decisions with ball in hand but that will right itself with time.

2 Likes

Very impressive already. Game is evolving and must play the duration of injury permits.

7 Likes

Don’t think we could ask for much more from him. Looms as being one of our biggest draft steals in the past 20 years.

2 Likes

One of the few positives from tonight. Love his toughness and intensity

2 Likes

kid thats overlooked in several drafts.

taken with pick 5000 for all intents and purposes.

tackles to hurt, puts his body on the line, and CAN GET HIS ■■■■■■■ HANDS FREE TO AT LEAST DISH OFF A HANDPASS TO A TEAMMATE INSTEAD OF GETTING PINGED FOR HOLDING THE ■■■■■■■ BALL.

so sick of our ‘great kids from great family first’ round picks that are as strong as a melted butter.

6 Likes

Hate to be negative but hope his turn overs tonight were an exception and not the norm.

1 Like

Would have been best afield for us in 1st half for sure. Good effort vs reigning premiers.

We should have a rookie list choc full of midfielders like this.

3 Likes

Forgetting the part where he got caught in D50, I think the rest were mainly caused by the oppositions pressure and not having any movement forward of the ball. Seems to be finding his feet a bit more every week. Barring injury, he’s best 22 for the rest of the year.

3 Likes

Contributing solidly and looks best 22 for now, but it seems like plenty are getting very carried away in this thread.

I think his best long term position is Bags replacement in defence

1 Like

Like i said ,
Will be a future leader at the club
joel selwood like.