#35 Matt Guelfi - now til 2024!

Will play plenty of seniors, the kid is a gem and will surprise a lot of people again.

4 Likes

Heā€™s like Baguley only hotter

If Baggers retires at the end of the year, this kid should inherit the 12

9 Likes

Some may think comparing him to Baguley as a bad thing but its actually not that easy to find players that are prepared to scrap away for the side and do anything the coaches ask.

All good sides have one or two of them.

2 Likes

We need more Junk Yard dog types like Baguleyā€¦and Guelfi is in that ilk.

6 Likes

Baguley has been a favorite of mine for a long time.

Guelfi hasnā€™t done enough yet but he has made a great start to his career.

Nah keep him in #35. Someone needs to carry on with Barry Youngā€™s legacyā€¦

6 Likes

I see his role as being our defensive midfielder. I think he is a natural midfielder. He turns up at contests all over the ground which says he reads the play. He wins contests even when out-numbered. He does the 1%ers. He played 15 games in his first season.

Iā€™m a believer in this kid. I think he will out perform expectations by a fair margin.

12 Likes

Given the overwhelming tone of this thread, the only way he could surprise next year would be if he didnā€™t win the B&F, Norm Smith, Coleman, Dally M medal and Nobel prize for literature.

3 Likes

Hmm not sure, I havenā€™t looked at the best 22 thread but is he named in most sides?

Not sure if youā€™re being serious in a tongue in cheek way or not. But the thread is about him, and yes thereā€™s more positives than negatives in how the lad plays.

He was a third round pick (from memory) and to have played 15 games in his first year when no one expected him really to play even 1 says a lot.
Everyone who has a belief in the lad knows he needs more development, but as Ive said previously no one denied him a game when he was picked.
On that basis the positives are well justified. No one is saying he will be a star just yet. He may one day be so, but right now in my mind he well and truly justifies his place in the 22.

Iā€™m not bagging him - I just reckon itā€™s funny how many people are acting like theyā€™re his one and only fan.

Heā€™s played almost every game since debut. Nobody would be surprised if heā€™s a good player for us, for a long time!
Before heā€™d played a game, sure.

I havenā€™t looked in their for over a month, but he seems to scrape into a fair few, mainly on the bench. A lot of teams name only one of Laverde or Guelfi.

But a lot of teams in that thread forget to name Myers who I think will be a lock at least from the coaches perspective, and Baguley seems to miss a lot too.

A lot of teams also name Gleeson, though I doubt heā€™ll be fit and if so needs to prove he is capable again IMO, which could help Guelfiā€™s chances.

Guelfi was was definitely a full time member (of the actual playing side) at the end of the 2018 season but I wouldnā€™t call him a lock - so I guess pre-season will determine the pecking order a bit.

Personally I think he will continue to improve and play around 150 games for us, but wouldnā€™t expect him to win a B&F or get many BL votes.

1 Like

who cares about his attitude, hes HOT HOT HOT

1 Like

Needs to keep up the defensive efforts from his early games, will be a star for us, good find.

Orazio pick 55

Guelfi pick 76

Another late gem pick up imo

2 Likes

Makes you wonder how WCE & Freo missed him when he was playing under their noses every week

bumping so we can get some more fan fic.

1 Like

Greek version of donnington right here.

2 Likes

Mate. Donnington is back

1 Like

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

6 Likes