#35 Matt Guelfi - now til 2024!

Have a look up the thread

I think he got a lot of credit last year coz it was his first year and he was okay.

People forget that he was drafted as a 20 year old so had already developed a bit more.

Couldnā€™t believe he was picked over Parish

Played as a small backmen last week

not sure who he played but obviously struggled with the amount of ball coming in. Not sure what to make of him.

I rate him

I was actually surprised how bad he played because he always seemed comfortable whatever role he played last season

Having said that he fitted in well with the other peahearts

He actually played as a wingman who occasionally chopped out in defence well last year.

One of the few as an outside mid who we have who ran himself ragged pressuring.

Being deployed into a more full time defensive role in back 7 either may not work or he needs time to get used to it.

As per McGrath now playing wing moreso

Heā€™s been captain mcfumbles since JLT 1 and been butchering The footy for 12 months.

He should be dropped until he can get some composure.

2 Likes

He had a bad game but like you said heā€™s not alone. He actually tried harder than a lot of the team and did some great things too. Letā€™s not forget his kick inside 50 to Langford that resulted in a goal. It was a bullet.

1 Like

Just driving down Beaconsfield Parade and saw this specimen walk to his car from the beach in only shorts. Hard not to go full Donnington

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t mind seeing him miss this week to make way for Parish.

I donā€™t think back flank is his go. He gets to opponent conscious and is not focused on the ball. He was one of the few to lower his eyes going inside 50 too. Pressure forward/wing for me

1 Like

pics?

11 Likes

I must have rose-coloured glasses because Iā€™ve watched the game twice now and I donā€™t have him in our bottom half of players. I agree, that he has to flatten his kicking, but he got better as the game went on. He did look better up on the forward flank than the backline, but Iā€™m happy to see him develop down back if that means McKenna or Saad have more freedom.

3 Likes

Iā€™m with you. Like i said he had a bad game but he was far from the worst. I wouldnā€™t drop him after that.

2 Likes

Thought you wouldā€™ve already been there taking pics with your massive telephoto zoom lens.

1 Like

From what Donnington tells us, the steroids would have reduced it to a wide-angle macro.

2 Likes

I love this kid but unfortunately my opinion of him is starting to change. However, he is playing in the defence and it seems like he is not confident there at all. Not sure what to do with him. Another very poor game.

1 Like

He isnā€™t AFL standard, gives it a red hot go, but lacks what is required. He will make a very goof VFL level player.

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

this guy is a state level player. There, said it.

There is a reason why nobody wanted this mature ager. No tools or weapons at all to work on.

1 Like

Thought he had promise as a midfielder. Think heā€™s grade a average down back.