#35 Matt Guelfi - now til 2024!

The objectification is getting annoying.

Donnington plsā€¦delete

8 Likes

Slightly stalkerish @Donnington. I hate to think a fan has been stalking his social media to post that crap

2 Likes

Yeah - if this was about an AFLW playerā€¦

2 Likes

images

1 Like

Probably a good time to post it before he has it 40 times today but Iā€™m with Killer Mike. Very easy to get seduced by the fact that heā€™s a hard nut kid whoā€™s going to put in 110% every second but I get a bit of the Kommers about this bloke. I do also think the response from Blitz symptomatic of where we are as a club, team and supporter group. End of the day you need class to build a premiership side and whilst I think thereā€™s definitely room for one of his typeā€¦ wellā€¦ letā€™s just see if heā€™s in the side in 3 years time.

Pleased for him to get his chance and hope he improves from here.

1 Like

you just want your ugly beta schloithe to be drafted.

but the alpha specimen of guelfi got drafted instead.

salty much?

1 Like

Sorry that was a part of my post I forgot to include. Prepared to put my nuts on the line and say we 10000% should have gone for Schloithe, not that itā€™s likely to ever be proven either way - itā€™s probably this year or never for Haiden.

I agree re: schloithe, i reckon weā€™ve not gone hard enough at hungry state leaguers in recent times.

But mostly im taking the ā– ā– ā– ā–  with your backing absolute flops from the wafl.

Itā€™s a good, considered, accurate point that rarely gets brought up and I thank you for doing so for the 100,000th time. Iā€™ll @ you in all future posts so that you can continue to do so in order to continually produce quality content for this site.

2 Likes

Thanks. but why come into a players thread before a game to say weā€™ve been hoodwinked by a player an hour before they play? and players of their type for the club to be in a state of perpetual mediocrity?

I donā€™t even know what this sentence means.

Is there an appropriate/inappropriate time to go into playersā€™ threads? Iā€™m on Blitz for the same reason you are - itā€™s the lead up to a game. I was catching up on the threads Iā€™ve missed, is that not OK? The discussion is dominated by the overwhelming majority going crazy about how good this bloke is - I spotted an opinion I agreed with (KM) and shared my views. Iā€™m confused by your post. What on earth does the time have to do with anything? Is Matt reading this during the warm-up? Have I just wrecked his preparation?

1 Like

He spent a fair bit of time by himself warming up. Very good shot at goal too.

wait until half time to go off at a player.

Iā€™m asking why you expect class from someone overlooked in several drafts and taken with almost the last pick of the draft, is meant to win us a premiership? if he was taking at a top 20 pick iā€™d agree, but hes there to play a minor role in the team. we have class ball users, and class movers, but they canā€™t seem to do with for those that canā€™t hit the target or get their hands free to get the ball moving, or maintain a zone. for me players like guelfi will maintain the zone, he has shown in 2 games hes more capable of getting his hands free to dish off better than protect the kids myers.

Yes he has hardly any stand out qualities, may not even be a class midfielder we need, but i think the clubs at a position where attitude and effort outweigh stuff like flashy kicking, high flying marks etc. as long as guelfi maintains his position in the zone and doesnā€™t inhibit ball movement he has to stay in for mine.

My comment re: before the game is that youā€™ll mostly get ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  responses (mine) or emotionally charged, i donā€™t want to lose this game so not gonna address it on its merit comments a la the langford thread before he plays (if ever).

also sorry for being a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  to you.

1 Like

I donā€™t want to lose either. But I thought youā€™d be like me and @Stallion and lean into the disappointment. Itā€™s coming. Just breathe it in.

2 Likes

Iā€™m more insidiously negative, weā€™re gonna win it and its gonna pave over the cracks that wednesday showed because the clubs gonna pat itself on the back and act like it was part of a master plan.

1 Like

ā€œMutchy got us over the line. Time to put Clarkey and Riddles back in cotton wool for another year. Break glass in case of emergencyā€

1 Like

We are talking about a player taken with our very last pick in the draft

Kelly was taken at 24. And was one of the WAFLā€™s best mids. Ryan also taken as a 2nd rounder and also much the same but a small fwd.

If he was as good as them heā€™d have been taken higher. Hell we even nearly took Mynott and in that spot so Guelfi might have been a rookie.

So on where he was picked providing great value

Andā€¦

actually, mightā€™ve been the loss we neededā€¦

ā€œLate pickā€ is fkn idiotic logic to defend a player. He was also a mature draftee. Do we hold him to a higher standard on that basis? Iā€™ve done it to death a bit with Schloithe but he is absolutely blue chip and was available to us. Theyā€™re there you just have to pick them.