#35 Matt Guelfi - now til 2024!

Yesterday, the bit of play where he gathered the ball, blind turn, and gave of the handpass. Nice.

3 Likes

Or just play him as a midfielder. Like he should be.

1 Like

but my 5d chessā€¦

The messiah

Needs to clean up his kicking if he is to ta ā€¦ na, who am I kidding, welcome to Essendon.

People grow up, realise they had a massive opportunity and stuffed it up. Would like to think if you are doing well, your past shouldnā€™t matter too much. There have been players that have been taken onto AFL lists following time in jail and no one has cared.

Yeah, I agree entirely.

A couple of times Sunday, he got the ball and the commentators called him Laverde. One of those times he actually kicked it to Laverde. There was silence as they wondered WTF had just happened.

Heā€™s missed 2 soda-pop shots at goal so far. Needs to sort that right out. Not Robinson Crusoe there, though, is he, Joe?

8 Likes

hahahahaā€¦gold

2 Likes

In the third quarter. I noticed this too. It happened like three times

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen it on TV, and never willā€¦

3 Likes

I noticed that too. ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  funny

Looks like Zaharakis. Hope he doesnt end up like Zaharakis

Itā€™s pretty obvious why he canā€™t get a game anymore
He just doesnā€™t play the gameplan
he runs hard, tackles, pressures, shephards, smothers , puts his body on the line

LOL thatā€™s not how we play!
this guy needs to learn the esendon way !
Cya next year guelfi

8 Likes

Iā€™LL TAKE OUTRAGED FOR $500 EDDIE.

Why do they keep playing the shittier Laverde when this guy does all the things he canā€™t like smother, chase, tackle, effort.

Woah woah WOAH. I will be damned if I will just sit by and let you besmirch the good name of Nick Kommer!

JW - ā€œMatt, great start to your career, you did what was required - we are just going to give you a rest for a weekā€

MG - ā€œSure thing coachā€

Fast Forward a couple of weeks

MG - ā€œCoach I am good to go, cherry ripeā€

Assistant coach - ā€œJohn wanted to pass this on, we actually have you on the THE LANGFORD programā€

MG - ā€œWhat is that?ā€

Assistant coach, awkwardly back steps out of the room, silently, whilst maintaining eye contact.

13 Likes

Iā€™m swapping out tippa or bags for Guelfi before Lav at this point.

1 Like

A 200 game B&F winner?

12 Likes

An inconsistent downhill skier at a powerhouse Essington FC with no finals wins in 15 odd years.? If you play 50 games for us you get a free 150 game stamp card to go with it.

1 Like