#36 Garrett McDonagh

That’s not how it works here and you know it

Arm chair experts with NFI know better always

Whyyyyyyy the fk would we want someone with versatility & “lethal kicking, decision-making and composure”

5 Likes

He looks like a great kick

I think we have improved our fringe players

Gleeson out Kelly in
Clarke out McD in

5 Likes

Left foot looks like a serious weapon.

1 Like

KMart version of Matthew Suckling?

1 Like

Have played against Garrett in the NFNL since we were kids and the last 5 years seniors before he went to VFL. Destroyed us everytime we played them.
Very much an outside player… but is extremely good at being an outside player. Will come to Essendon and be in the top 5 kicks.
Expect a lot of 50-60m goals.
Also he is super fit. Will prob win our time trial next week. Massive tank.

110 Likes

PETER!

1 Like

So many positives attributes from his highlights.

Plus, truck and cara know him, and our deficiencies, and they want him on our list, so I will back them in all day every day. I suspect that they think he wouldn’t have been around to rookie and the meltdown over on the Richmond board seems to back this up.

I do think jackets was p!ssed with Draper but, that’s draft night. Truck didn’t seem at all concerned.

4 Likes

Does Truck ever seem concerned on the outside though?

2 Likes
6 Likes

He only played at Richmond for a year so no Truck or Cara connection.

6 Likes

Have watched him play quite a bit.

Super quick, good endurance, booming kick.

Would have been drafted by Richmond a couple of years ago, except he broke his wrist and missed second half of that season.

7 Likes

Interesting.

Richmond supporters (who… you know… might actually have seen him play) rate him and are disappointed we picked him.

The few posters on here who’ve seen him play, think he goes alright and has attributes which will suit us.

A vocal bunch of whining schoolgirls on here who’ve never seen him play and wouldn’t know him if he bobbed up in their morning weet-bix are loudly piissing and moaning.

Like I said… interesting…

49 Likes

The list is seriously lacking outside mids with elite kicking.

The age profile is quite odd, but the skillset he addresses makes perfect sense.

26 Likes

Magnificent kick and great to have a Garrett on the list. Should help with our veteran leadership.

1 Like

If Hobbs was an upgrade on Clarke, maybe Garret is an upgraded Ham.

Good kicking is good footy. I’m onboard.

3 Likes

The type of idiots who have clogged up that Nuffies of the AFL page on facebook with endless Essendon content.

1 Like

Soft

1 Like

Anybody bagging this blokes selection is a moron. Give him a chance.

He wears a red sash now and I’ll be supporting him 100%

49 Likes