#36 Michael Hartley

It is Friday Davo, and it has been a long week.

2 Likes

id like to see him play forward in the VFL get it 70 out goal!

YES !!!

Is @choppsuey going to tell us heā€™s ā€œgobsmackedā€ ?

Scroll by.

yes. What a complete and utter waste of a list spot.

I genuinely agree with this.

Iā€™d be interested to see how he went. He is a big boy, and he can kick straight. His little mate Walla is waiting for him in the AFL.

Heaven knows weā€™ve tried Hurley, Hooker, Ambrose, Brown, and possibly Francis as a forward (although my memory fails me). Why not Hartley?

3 Likes

Before games and at training he always seems to be practising his goalkicking. iā€™m surprised he hasnā€™t had a go forward.

Sheddy would have played him there.

Surely you jest

Heā€™s be best 22 for some other clubs in defence. Very very handy back up for us and depth is a must for sides trying to contend.

5 Likes

I think youā€™re over rating him significantly. He was dangled and there were no takers. Clearly not rated by other clubs as highly as you think, especially given they couldā€™ve got him for equal or less than the stale packet of twisties Freo paid for Colyer.

And he plays on the one position we have plenty of depth.

1 Like

Solid Defensive backup! Glad he is being given another year.

1 Like

Good move by the club. Too important as a backup (and eventual replacement???) for Hooker so no brainer to keep him IMO.

3 Likes

Needs to be the designated kicking out player. 75 meter torps over the opposition zone & hitting Joe Daniher on the chest in the centre circle.

Yes please.

3 Likes

Handball to Shiel, two awkward, but effective, bounces and goal.

2 Likes

Can he improve?

He has.
His VFL form was very very good.

He just needs to utilise his kicking more often and get abit better at reading the play so he can zone off.

NINA

3 Likes

giphy-downsized

At the very least it would make him be more proactive rather than reactive like he is as a defender.

I was hoping they would try it last season but it never happened.

1 Like

Good to hear,hence the yr I spose.