#36 Michael Hartley

14 Likes

Another club will make him an offer, guaranteed.

Iā€™m still not sure why we havenā€™t trialled him in the forwardline this year considering the injuries weā€™ve sufferedā€¦ and heā€™s a very good Ruckman.

Imo heā€™s the 4th best tap Ruckman at the club.

5 Likes

Hartley should have been trialled as ruck/forward before ZClarke. He wouldnā€™t have done worse and probably would have done a lot better. And he can kick straight.

4 Likes

With the shortage of Ruck stocks in the VFL, he was forced to play Ruck a few weeks ago against Casey (?)ā€¦ I completely forgot he was drafted as a Ruckman at Collingwood. His tap work was good, but his follow up at the centre bounce was even better.

His kicking is elite at VFL level. Which would transfer to ā€˜pretty goodā€™ atAFL standard. I just donā€™t understand why he hasnā€™t been given the opportunity as a forward/Ruck.

9 Likes

Our club loves to pigeon hole playersā€¦itā€™s almost like we lack imaginationā€¦I wonder whyā€¦lol

1 Like

ā€˜Hartsā€™ remains underratedā€¦unfortunately, as much by himself as by anyone else. Once he believes in his capabilities, the sky is the limit!

2 Likes

Port Melbourne, Williamstown, Frankstonā€¦

1 Like

Agree, has all the physical attributes, has the ability
Self doubt causes him Problems imo

1 Like

Which is why his best football was 2016 when he knew his spot was safe and I think early 2017 when Ambrose got a 10 week injury

Would love to see this guy on the big stage again and i reckon the playing group would as well, damn near brought a tear to my eye that day he returned to the field with a smashed snoz.
Give him a crack as a ruck forward if he has the tank, iirc his field kicking was excellent.

2 Likes

Last few weeks heā€™s been kicking 3m high tracer bullets. One of those days was windy, but still.

As a forward he could just ignore his opponent and attack the ball. Thatā€™s when heā€™s best.

8 Likes

NINA

2 Likes

Get this guy up forward FFS

9 Likes

Forward. Do it.

9 Likes

The mark was more impressive than the goal. I was sitting right on the boundary near where it happened and he had to stretch way out to his left in order to steal the ball from a couple of other blokes going for the mark. You canā€™t really see that on the TV coverage.

3 Likes

Yeah i want to see him given a chance up forward. Mckernan has been poor.

Could be similar to GWS moving Finlayson forward

He is a bit lazy, or is it laconic ?

Given his hoof, he can play forward from the backline.

1 Like

Farkn bring him in farkn

Nothing to lose. Bring him in forward