#36 Michael Hartley

I have ripped into him for a long long time, but thought he was superb down back tonight

9 Likes

Excellent second half, a few 50mtr bullets and pretty much shut Tex out

7 Likes

Serviceable, without really dispelling any of the doubts.

Still about as bad as anyone over a groundball. Still had 2? bounce off his chest. Once or twice he actually used his boot to our advantage.

Still, kept Walker to 2 shots and 1.1
Thatā€™s job number 1.

Got beaten a few times, but thatā€™s going to happen.

I thought his field kicking was excellent.

5 Likes

did really well. But seriously needs to cut out the stupid frees. good for a couple a game

Happy he got through the game

But

GET HIM A LONG SLEEVE JUMPER!!!

Looks like an amateur

1 Like

Donā€™t dis him. He hasnā€™t played with the kings for nearly 2 years. Played like a warrior.

1 Like

I wanted him delisted. Just about earns another year after tonight

1 Like

Super game.

1 Like

The kick to switch play late in the 3rd that went through Redman to Tippa to Brown for a goal was a very good kick

11 Likes

His record in this regard has always been good.

Is scrappy in many regards, but as an actual stopping defender, heā€™s got Hurley (and at this point, you gotta say Hooker) well covered.

As good of a ā€˜plug and playā€™ depth key defender as you could ever ask for.

6 Likes

Easily his best game since he beat Tom Lynch at Etihad and busted his face.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen an Essendon player look that excited for a teammates first goal

3 Likes

Yep. And as far as I know (I think I read it somewhere), he manages himself. So if we go ā€œoi wanna stay, weā€™ll pay you ok, and you just pay vfl until we need youā€ I guess heā€™d say yes. Wouldnā€™t be too many other clubs circling I canā€™t imagine.

1 Like

Kicking is an absolute weapon. Setup a ripping goal from a switch with a kick not many could make.

Nice luxury to have him come in and replace Hurley and not lose much, if anything at all.

3 Likes

See Danihers reaction to Connor s first goal. Off tap

1 Like

Anyone feel this guy would be a regular in say 10-12 other teams??

Heā€™s seriously a pretty reliable defender.

10 Likes

Hawks would love him.

Yep

Top game. Competed hard in the ruck, then when he went back was solid. Good to know even with as important a player as Hurls out we can bring Harts in and he can go the job down there.

3 Likes

Adds much more to the team than Zac Clarke.