#36 Michael Hartley

Ocd in that case.
He does look the type that’s funny by doing nothing at all. Just not on purpose. Then he’d try and be funny but would be funny in the way he’d do it and the fact he’d think he’s funny.
He might be one of the few people that are funny all the time just by existing.
Which would be an awful crutch to bear.
Hot Mrs but.

Tears of a clown.

A little surprised he missed out on the top 10 in the B&F. He had a good year nevertheless and I look forward to him holding down a key post next year.

Much to like about Harts.

We have a number of blossoming bromances at the club. Quite… touching.

I think he’ll be one of the contract extension announcements coming soon. Well deserved. Definitely not beyond the realms that he plays forward next year.

Anyone else surprised Dea and Ambrose were ahead of him in the B&F?

Really interesting about him playing forward, hopefully we explore it at some stage…I honestly think Hx3 (Hurley, Hooker, Hartley) is feasible at least for some games next year; many teams have a three key forward setup, whether you would still play Ambrose then I’m not sure. At least there’s options, and most of our KP and mid-size talls have the flexibility to play at either end; it will be quite a dangerous tool at our disposal.

Anyone else surprised Dea and Ambrose were ahead of him in the B&F?

A little…expected both Leuey and Hartley in the top-10

But not to take anything away from the others for a second. I don’t think there was anyone in the top 10 that didn’t deserve it.

I think he'll be one of the contract extension announcements coming soon. Well deserved. Definitely not beyond the realms that he plays forward next year.

Whilst it’s yet to be trialled properly on the evidence thus far I would think Hooker is clearly the better mark, better at ground level & plays with that super intensity & energy so provides more fwd for us in that regard. Hartley may well be the better kick for goal however.

Both are equally good exponents of the spoil. Hooker an All Australian defender however who doesn’t get pushed around by the big fwds.

Be interesting to see what eventuates. Obviously we are considering Hooker back if on the hunt for a big fwd with Patton.

I’m not sure that all 3 H’s in the backline is an option. Ambruise balances out two others much better.

Imagine Hartley and JoeDan playing forward. You’d have those two patrolling the arc and goaling from 65m, RAZ and TIPPA buzzing around inside the 50 with LAV as the enforcer. Stop that ■■■■■.

Imagine Hartley and JoeDan playing forward. You'd have those two patrolling the arc and goaling from 65m, RAZ and TIPPA buzzing around inside the 50 with LAV as the enforcer. Stop that ■■■■■.

Myers to just hoof 'em from the centre circle

I'm not sure that all 3 H's in the backline is an option. Ambruise balances out two others much better.

The HAH trinity.

Imagine Hartley and JoeDan playing forward. You'd have those two patrolling the arc and goaling from 65m, RAZ and TIPPA buzzing around inside the 50 with LAV as the enforcer. Stop that ■■■■■.

And with Billings, O’Meara, Steele and Matera kicking dew off the grass.

Signed for 2 more years. Check your email

Hartley is Back In
essendonfc.com.au
5 September 2016 1:00 PM

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce Michael Hartley (#36) has agreed to a two-year contract extension that will see him remain at the Bombers until the end of 2018.

The new deal is just reward for the 23 year-old who had an impressive debut season in the red and black.

Hartley said he was proud to continue to ‘don the sash’ in 2017 and beyond.

“The playing group is in a really good place, the next few years are going to be exciting for the football club and it’s great to be a part of it,” Hartley said.

"I’m pumped that I’m going to have the opportunity to play alongside Michael Hurley down back. He’s one of just a number of really experienced players who will come back next season, but we’re under no illusion that it’s going to take plenty of hard work if we’re to be competitive.

“Playing under Woosha has been fantastic for my development, I’ve got a lot of hard work ahead of me but I’m really excited to be able to spend another two years learning and developing in the elite football environment he’s established.”

Hartley has overcome multiple shoulder injuries to cement his role as a key defender in the Bombers’ back line this season.

He has proved his strength and skill against some of the best tall forwards in the game, ranking first in the competition for defensive 50 pressure points, averaging 14.9 a game.

Senior Coach, John Worsfold, said ‘Harts’ has demonstrated great maturity and commitment to improving all aspects of his game since arriving at the Club.

“Harts has been one of the exciting young players we have seen step up to the challenge of playing and competing at the elite level this season,” Worsfold said.

“He has worked extremely hard on his development this season, he’s done a tremendous job for us as playing at full-back and he’s also learnt a lot from playing on some of the competitions big power forwards.

“We’re really excited about where we are heading as a Club and to have Harts part of this journey next year is fantastic.”

Essendon List and Recruiting Manager, Adrian Dodoro, said Hartley had worked hard on his craft in pursuit of his AFL ambitions.

“Harts has worked tremendously hard to overcome injuries and find his spot in the team and this new deal is a great reward for him,” Dodoro said.

“Harts has such a great attitude – he is a true Clubman who has embraced everyone and his opportunities since getting his second chance.

“With the support of returning defenders in Hurley and Hooker, we are really looking forward to what Harts will continue to offer the club next year as he continues to develop into an elite tall defender.”

During his 19 games this season, Hartley broke the Dons’ record for one-percenters and also earned himself a spot in the AFL’s team of the week in Rounds 4 and 16.

Hartley joined the Bombers following his selection in the 2015 National Draft and made his AFL debut with the Club in Round 2, 2016 against Melbourne at the MCG.

Hearts!

So we can re-sign top ups just like that?