#36 Michael Hartley

This has been bugging me for a while.

I thought he had a bit of the Basil Fawlty’s about him in those Crichton photos.

So that leaves:

Ashby
Dempsey
Edwards
Gleeson
Kommer
Laverde
McKernan
Pears
Watson

yet to have their futures declared.

RIP

Hartley’s nickname has gotta be Ticker, right? That’s what I’m running with, anyway…

Well deserved and just reward for the hard work in going back to the VFL, doing the business there and getting a 2nd chance at the big time and making the most of it. Seems a ripper bloke judging by how accommodating he is to supporters on social media, doesn’t seem to take himself too seriously. The bromance with Walla has also been a great thing to see! Onya Harts!

This has been bugging me for a while.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/images/library/people/180x200/b/blackadder_darling.jpg

sniff I’ll need a moment

Hartley's nickname has gotta be Ticker, right? That's what I'm running with, anyway...

With that photo it has to be Darling.

Glad this bloke is allowed back at the club now.

Glad this bloke is allowed back at the club now.

No we have to take him as a delisted free agent first

How many picks ?

We will need to use pick 68 in the ND for Hartley - last year.

I legitimately question how some people make it through life

We will need to use pick 68 in the ND for Hartley - last year.

I’m looking forward to the AFL introducing rules around trading last year’s picks.

I legitimately question how some people make it through life

By being on Blitz, but only just.

What did we trade to Collingwood to get him?

Nothing. Delisted by Collingwood in 2013 after two years on their rookie list. Spent 2 years at Coburg. Drafted by us in the 2015 ND. It’s interesting that Collingwood were not prepared to have a second bite after his good VFL form. Not that I spend much time worrying about that…

thoughts on trading Harts and Ricky Dyson to Hawthorn for a third rounder and O’Meara???

Nothing. Delisted by Collingwood in 2013 after two years on their rookie list. Spent 2 years at Coburg. Drafted by us in the 2015 ND. It’s interesting that Collingwood were not prepared to have a second bite after his good VFL form. Not that I spend much time worrying about that…

I guess because of our suspensions we were able to take a punt on him as a top up. Nothing to lose really.

He was picked up in the November draft prior to the decision. I think he was genuinely picked up as the tall back to allow Hooker to be a forward. Turned into a great get. He did well playing in a backline that was constantly under the pump.

Harts and TIPPA have been the best top ups by far.