#36 Michael Hartley

Harts and TIPPA have been the best top ups by far.

No No, Tippa’s from an Island so he’s listed as an international rookie

I hope we get Hartlett. Then we can have Hartlett, Hartley and Hurley. After that we should find a Hurtlett.

Ha. Just googled Hurtlett for the hell of it and ‘Michael Hurtlett’ was the first search result.

Harts and TIPPA have been the best top ups by far.

No No, Tippa’s from an Island so he’s listed as an international rookie

LOL. It’s probably not far from the truth - has it been excised from our ‘migration zone’ yet?

Hopefully the minister will renew Walla’s visa.

Hartley's nickname has gotta be Ticker, right? That's what I'm running with, anyway...

NINA

Hartley's nickname has gotta be Ticker, right? That's what I'm running with, anyway...

NINA

I hope his career lasts just as long as hers.

Michael 'Nina' Hartley

You’re welcome Mark Mercuri page 2 of this thread :wink:
As long as you allow me to run with LAV when I feel like it I’ll sign the rights of NINA to you.

Michael 'Nina' Hartley

You’re welcome Mark Mercuri page 2 of this thread :wink:
As long as you allow me to run with LAV when I feel like it I’ll sign the rights of NINA to you.

PATTON PENDING
I legitimately question how some people make it through life

Ignorance is Blitz.

Ignorance is Blitz.

I can’t believe no one has ever thought of that!

Ignorance is Blitz.

I can’t believe no one has ever thought of that!

I had to take a moment to appreciate the pure simple brilliance. Wow.

We’re going to need a moment here

Ignorance is Blitz.

Needs to be the next Blitz slogan.

Ignorance is Blitz. Since 2001.

Season review: Michael Hartley

This time last season Michael Hartley was a VFL defender hoping for another shot in the AFL.

His first foray into the big time had been derailed by shoulder problems.

But Hartley rediscovered his form and fitness with Coburg, culminating in his selection in the VFL Team of the Year and a few months later selection by Essendon in the National Draft.

Following the departure of Dustin Fletcher, Hartley offered key defensive depth.

But his signing proved even more advantageous when All-Australian defenders Michael Hurley and Cale Hooker were ruled out for the season.

Hartley made his debut in round two against Melbourne.

He went on to play 19 games and along the way broke the record for the most one-percenters by an Essendon player in a single game and the record for the most one-percenters by an Essendon player in a season.

With a booming kick and strong aerial game, Hartley became a key member of the Bombers line-up.

“Harts has been one of the exciting young players we have seen step up to the challenge of playing and competing at the elite level this season,” Coach John Worsfold said.

“He has worked extremely hard on his development this season, he’s done a tremendous job for us as playing at full-back and he’s also learnt a lot from playing on some of the competitions big power forwards.

“We’re really excited about where we are heading as a Club and to have Harts part of this journey next year is fantastic.”

Earlier this month, Hartley signed a two-year contract extension that will see him remain at the Bombers until at least the end of 2018.

“The playing group is in a really good place, the next few years are going to be exciting for the football club and it’s great to be a part of it,” Hartley said.

"I’m pumped that I’m going to have the opportunity to play alongside Michael Hurley down back. He’s one of just a number of really experienced players who will come back next season, but we’re under no illusion that it’s going to take plenty of hard work if we’re to be competitive.

“Playing under Woosha has been fantastic for my development, I’ve got a lot of hard work ahead of me but I’m really excited to be able to spend another two years learning and developing in the elite football environment he’s established.”

*A ‘one percenter’ is a knock-on, smother, spoil or shepherd.

Most one percenters in a season (Essendon)

2016: Michael Hartley – 185

2011: Kyle Hardingham – 157

2012: Kyle Hardingham – 144

2014: Cale Hooker – 126

2011: Dustin Fletcher – 125

2007: Mal Michael – 125

2013: Jake Carlisle – 124

2010: Dustin Fletcher – 122

2006: Dustin Fletcher – 120

2004: Dustin Fletcher – 117

Most one percenters in a game (Essendon)

Michael Hartley – 20 v St Kilda 2016

Kyle Hardingham – 17 v Adelaide 2011

Kyle Hardingham – 17 v Nth Melb 2012

Patrick Ryder – 16 v Collingwood 2011

Mark Bolton – 15 v Geelong 2002

Dustin Fletcher – 15 v Melbourne 2003

Jake Carlisle – 15 v Collingwood 2013

Michael Hurley – 15 v West Coast 2011

Dustin Fletcher – 14 v Collinwood 2006

Dustin Fletcher – 14 v Brisbane 2014

Hopefully he can get that number of one percenters down next year. If he can turn 30-40 of those spoils into marks he’ll be a top end defender.

Michael Heartley, what a player. Having Hurley and/or Hooker by his side in defence next season will only be a positive. Cannot wait to see what he will achieve in 2017 and beyond. Carn the bombers!

Full Forward.

Harts at the Royal Melb Show today

Harts at the Royal Melb Show today

Is he wearing a cap though?

Yes but it really is about what his missus is wearing