#36 Michael Hartley

Because it doesn’t matter. He draws a defender, he creates a contest, he fights and scraps add creates scraps for fanta et al.

And he bombs goals from 60 on either foot

3 Likes

I’d have thought ideally Ambrose would be the lock down, Hartley would cover any big gorilla talls and Hurley provides the aggressive drive. Then you throw in some small defenders, and then a rebounding ball winner. Obviously Hurley in poor form doesn’t allow this.

I’m not sure Brown does enough defensively or offensively to hurt opposition teams, despite being able to rack up huge amounts of ball. He feels more like he’s just getting cheap kicks, easy kick to kick marks and being a link player as opposed to actually hurting teams with any drive. I thought we had Goddard, Stanton & Kelly to do this.

4 Likes

Hartley - daylight- brown

Our backline is a lot stronger with Hartley in it

5 Likes

I think it was more about wanting to try out a different backline combination to see how it goes than Hartley playing badly.

Woosha said he needed to work on his offensive part of his game.

Except for the part where they are totally different players who play different roles. If you are going to drop anyone you drop Hurley with his current form, but of course people don’t want that so they just target Brown.

IMO Brown was brought in to change the dynamic of the back line, how about we give that a chance for a few games that aren’t in the pouring wet or against the dominant side of the competition.

2 Likes

They were quite noticeably setting him up as a kicker out of/over the clearance vs Adelaide.
Got plenty of telling possessions. He’s in much much better form than Hurley, with or without the ball.

Ideally, Hartley is understudy for Hurley. Right now Brown’s basically playing Hurley’s normal role giving drive off HB, and Hurley is playing Hartley’s role

1 Like

Congrats

Man has excellent taste in life partners.

Also he got married to a lovely lady.

Have to lock that down. Well done Mick

Married?

Congrats to him and his hot fiance. I hope to see him back in the team soon. very few players in the league as loveable as this guy

5 Likes

[quote=“Henry_s_Angry_Pills, post:1109, topic:2872, full:true”]
They were quite noticeably setting him up as a kicker out of/over the clearance vs Adelaide.
Got plenty of telling possessions. He’s in much much better form than Hurley, with or without the ball.[/quote]

This is true. But why do you go on to say:

“Ideally,” you say. On present form, we should have Ambrose, Brown and Hartley in the back line, with Hurley possibly as understudy for Hartley — or maybe Hurley should be given a different role altogether. I’d like to see Hurley tried in the centre, extracting the ball for the outside receivers. That’s where we’re lacking quality.

You could term it that, or you could call it backing in a very good player with plenty if credits in the bank.

1 Like

So will we see Hartley, Hurley and Hooker down back this week?

Or will the big Franga get a gig down back with the Harts and Hurls?

I just want to see him backing himself in to take the grab and then use his long kicking to advantage.

NINA

Welcome back.

Niño

Happy to see him back.

Return of the FIST