#36 Michael Hartley

23 years old. Played 23 games of AFL. Yep, we should stick with him. Would help us immensely as a side if he continues to improve.

He was slaughtered in the first half today though, but at least it was against the best forward in the league and not a 19 yr old kid. Did much better in the 2nd.

2 Likes

one thing I donā€™t like was him remonstrating with McKenna when he let Kennedy get 5 metres on him then take a mark.

Heā€™s your man hartley, stop giving up space to the big key forwards.

1 Like

Clearly our sacrificial lamb meaning Hurley gets to disgrace their second best forward

good to see THE FIST

is back

1 Like

Frees up Hurley

A work in progress but pleasing to see him take plenty of marks and have an offensive impact.

Got beaten on the day but some of the lace out kicks to kennedy nobody would of stopped.

Held his own in the man on man duels.

He stays

1 Like

The more attacking he is the more comfortable he looks, just needs to have faith in his own ability.

4 Likes

Grew in confidence as the game went on. Has a lot to offer.

Well done Harts, keep going.

2 Likes

Interesting, I kind of read it the opposite way. Seemed to me he started off playing a bit loose and trying to read the play, then got better once he tightened up and just focused on spoiling. Regardless, he definitely improved as the game went on.

I saw it he was worrying too much about what Kennedy was doing on the lead and in the air, but then he started to try and hurt him the other way and outmark him when he could and provide another option. Each to their own.

Good luck stopping most of Kennedyā€™s goals tho, you canā€™t stop those on the lead marks.

1 Like

I love Hartley. He is holding his own against the absolute monsters and freeing up Hurls to do the real damage. Will keep getting better

9 Likes

Heā€™d want to

If I was Harts Iā€™d spend every week at the club talking loudly about how great Hooker is as a forward.

20 Likes

What game were you watching? He was good today.

5 Likes

Harts is one of my favs. Does his role and is getting better every week.

As others says letā€™s Hurley hurt the opposition going the other way by taking the lesser forward.

4 Likes

I agree. But he will keep his job longer if hooker is forever forward.

I think he (Hartley) will come on. If he does, and Hooker improves even slightly forward, then Hooker is worth more to us forward, even if heā€™s only a decoy worth a goal(ish) a game, because even his presence stops opponents from double teaming Joe.

2 Likes

Can someone remind how Harts is trending again, say, against Hooker at the same age?

6 Likes

Not as good.

1 Like

Damn.
Delist, then.