#36 Michael Hartley

Hooker was being used as trade bate around the same age, firstly to west coast for 2 picks in the 20s and then secondly as a package with pick 19 to get Caddy. Thank ■■■■ both those trades didn’t t eventuate

2 Likes

Why would you do that?

Because he thinks hes parodying the forum.

1 Like

Do you think West Coast would offer two picks in the 20’s for Hartley?

The only negative thing said about the guy in here is about his current form, not his future at the club.

He’s clearly an AFL standard Key defender with plenty of scope for improvement. But he is a bit down on form, based on what we saw last year.

Oh, and also… He’s no Hooker. But that’s ok, not many are.

1 Like

Actually, I just looked at the comparative numbers.
They’re, well, comparable. Hooker is a bit ahead, as you say.

1 Like

He’s a straight swap for ambrose next week

1 Like

my post implies that Hooker was more advanced at the same age as Hartley hence why we were offered two picks in the 20s and us using him to get caddy who at the time wasn’t scania but a highly rated top 10 draft pick

Yeah sorry, I kinda replied to everybody else while quoting you.

1 Like

I kinda like the idea of having all of Hartley, hurls and rambrose in and letting DEA play big on a small. That said I think they’ll give Ambrose another week. If probably give bags a spell just to have a look at it.

McGrath Ambrose hurls
Conor Hartley Dea

Kelly

Too big? Probably is against an undersized tigers forward line but still…

At the very least he’s handy depth and still only young so he’ll keep on improving. Has all the tools to make it

1 Like

That’s the Hartley I saw last season. Welcome back big fella

No. No no no.

We were offered two picks for Hooker at the end of 2012. At that point he had played 66 games over 5 seasons.

Hartley has played 24 games over a season and a half.

Its no comparison at all.

3 Likes

My mistake, I assumed Hartley had being playing AFL since he was 18. Completely forgot he played a few vfl seasons in between

Don’t think there is any reason for debate about his spot in the team after today. He kept the Coleman Medalist to 6 kicks and 4 marks for the day. While he managed to take 3 contested marks among the 13 he took on the way to a career high 21 touches. Definitely tracking in the right direction and will be much better off the back of today.

7 Likes

Personally think he’s the stand out in the 22 as being the one who is battling a fair bit. Flame away.

1 Like

He’s been watching Hurley teach him how it’s done and been dazzled by his skills.

Kennedy is a monster FF, mobile & tall, with looong arms. Kennedy himself did ok from very limited opportunities and Hartley made him earn it.

I thought Harts did well today. Isn’t it great to have options for tall stoppers!

4 Likes

Harts’ll come good, he’s not even close to his best yet, not even barely. Towards the end of last year was taking scalps and was generally our backline’s hero.

3 Likes

Hartley in the side gives us flexibility by releasing Hurley to do what he is doing abe being the 3rd up floater which he is doing very well. Gather question is with Paddy available this week does he come straight in and if so who does he replace Dea or Harts? Richmond don’t have a big forward line and I think Paddy is best suited for Jack so harts might make well simply on a horses for courses selection. I think he will come good and happy we have him.

He’s fortunate we haven’t got any other fit key defenders on our list.*

*Hooker is now a forward.
**His second half was better but he’ll still make way for Ambrose at some point in the next couple of weeks.

I think it worth remembering that he has come up against hawkins and Kennedy who are both physical beasts, and not many can contain them. Things should get a bit easier for him this week,

And that’s not forgetting he is allowing Hurley a more favourable match up where he can dominate and set up the backline