#36 Michael Hartley

Was his best game for the club. Out marked Kennedy a couple of time and spoiled well. Had some goals kicked on him but so would anybody Kennedy is a gun. He set up some great link play with his laser right boot.
Anyone that judges him solely on how many goals get kicked can FRO.

2 Likes

Clearly you and I watched different games or you rated his 7 possessions extremely highly

1 Like

The disposals were ok - the 4 goals (could have been 6) were pretty good in a 10 goal loss though IMO.

W.T.F.

Iā€™m out.

8 Likes

Good thing you donā€™t coach.

Yeah, I wouldā€™ve thought keeping Hawkins goalless last year was his best game, but apparently goals conceded is totally irrelevant when assessing a full backā€™s performance.

8 Likes

Goals aside if you actually read my comments he actually took marks and was at times setting up defensive transition. Last year it was simply kill the contest. Why do you think heā€™d been playing magoos? I rate his over all performance last week as his best complete game. He leaked some goals from silver service delivery. Easy to take a narrow view but what ever floats your boat

1 Like

Well, he may have a few roles within the side, but Iā€™d say number 1 would be keep Kennedy to the least anount of goals possible

1 Like

Great game. Starting to gain confidence and go for his grabs. I would like to see him use his long kick more. From what I had seen he looked to have been pretty good. I think he still has a lot of upside and is probably a year or two away from having a body to hold his own against some of the big boys. Not being in a professional environment for a few years will have stalled his development, and we have only had him for two preseasons so far, but I reckon Crowy and the team will have him on a good program.

Harts, Ambrose, Hurls; punching, thumping, clunking.

3 Likes

I actually really like Michael Hartley, so Iā€™m also gonna tap out on this discussion.

2 Likes

Yeah, but statsā€¦

1 Like

Kennedy had by far his worst game and still kicked 4 against him?

1 Like

2nd worst, actually, but that is only because Super Star Rance kept him to 2 goals, 5 marks and 10 disposals in Rd 3.

HAHAHAH

Stats are soooo ā– ā– ā– ā–  man. Anyone can use any stat to prove anything. That ā€œgoals kickedā€ stat is the most misleading stat when analysing a forwardā€™s game pesky Blitzers pulling in obscure stats to support outlandish theories.

OK Iā€™m out for good. See you guys Thursday.

lolā€¦ Obscure stats like marks and disposals.

2 Likes

Hartley has now played three game back and has been beaten by his opponent in the team each time - Ambrose will replace him in the team and Dea is keeping the seat warm for Brown.

No - Hartley was previously on Collingwoodā€™s list for 2 years - He is in effect in his 4th year at AFL level - And if you include his two years in the VFL he is in his 6th year out from juniors.

Nah - Some of us are looking at the game using our eyes and feel for the game - Itā€™s the Hartley apologists who are using statistics to support a flawed argument.

Would have to agree with Allblack on this one.
plently of times Buddy has kicked 5 goals against us and itā€™s been flukely or lucky to get that, and his opponents ( hurley and hooker) have played better.

Josh Jenkins can kick 4 goals a game by simply standing in the goal square and allowing everyone else to simply get him the ball out the back while he stands there and does nothing all game ( an exaggerated point to a degree)

Hartley played well. Kenndy kicked 4.
Would you say Merrett played a bad game cos his opponent got 30 odd disposals on him ?

And ambrose, as much as i like him but donā€™t think he should be an automatic in the side, has missed what 3/4 weeks ?
he is not that good a player to warrant an automatic selection straight back into the side.
Let him get back up to speed in the seconds and if form warrants then select him if someone is performing poorly.

2 Likes

@anon71769209 ā€¦ I assume now Yaco is on your side we can finally agree that you are probably wrong

8 Likes