#36 Michael Hartley

Lol. No I don’t.

But I thought an opinion couldn’t be wrong? Because you know, that’s just like your opinion man…

Personally I’m of the opinion there’s level of wrong. There’s the “Hartley beat Kennedy” level and then there’s the “Francis should be playing CHB” level of wrong.

Yaco is more regularly wrong, … unless he’s stating the bleeding obvious like he’s the only one that can see it. or knows it.

Pointless posts all.

yaco stated that Dea is keeping the seat warm for Brown, even though Woosha made it well known that Hartley was originally dropped & Brown bought in, because Hartley was not attacking enough (& got a couple kicked on him by that stringbean kid from Brissie).
So in my eyes, Ambrose is a given, & Brown & Hartley are fighting over the same spot - nothing to do with Dea. Dea is getting touched up by guys bigger than him like Darling & Watts because he is undersized.
My preferred backline has Ambrose, Hartley, Hurley & Dea in it, & no Brown to be seen - he is depth.

1 Like

I don’t usually side with the devil, but on this case I will. He’s either wrong or posting something that he’s read from the media as fact. But usually wrong.

That’s about how I see it too.
Doesn’t mean I’m right, and what yaco said is not possible though.
It’s way more possible than say, the regular calls here for Francis to take up a position in defence for the rest of the year rather than allegedly having his development stalled in the VFL.

1 Like

The make up of our backline is pretty intriguing at the moment, you want the three talls well we have the chance to play them all this week but it means someone else has to go out. For balance you would assume that’s a defender and if you want to keep Dea your dropping either Kelly, Bagley or Mckenna.

Either Dea, Kelly, Baguely or McKenna can sit on the bench, they don’t all need to be on the ground at the same time. I’m not a fan of picking 4 pure midfielders on the interchange & I’ll think you will find that most teams rotate at least 7 players through the 6 defence positions during a game - not all 6 defenders have 100% game time, if ever.

Although I would agree that on some occasions I would go with Hurley, Ambrose, Hartley I wouldn’t be dropping a mid to make it work, especially considering we have been beaten in that area of the ground for most of the year + we have the flexibility of pushing back Goddard and Heppel. I think the third tall KPD could be made up of anyone of Dea, Brown, Hartley with form and match up the deciding factor. We are pretty lucky we have a number of options (when fit).

There is always one defender on the bench. Usually a HBF type given the running loads. Hence Kelly & McKenna been in side.

Yaco is full bi polar

He’s said some of the dumbest sht I’ve read on here and more often than not I think W T F

But then he will have a run of a week and make complete sense and valid points

6 Likes

Let me add my opinion then. For me Hartley stays in until we have a better option. I would consider both Brown, and particularly Ambrose, as better options.

As I see it Hartley isn’t playing with the same confidence as last year, but even so I think at his best he’s a safe defender. I worry a little this week as I don’t think he has the smarts to contain Riewoldt.

This thread is weird, surely people see that Hartley is the guy you go with for the brutes and Ambrose is a perfect match up for the high motor high roaming forwards, they are completely different. I don’t care which of them plays as long as Hurley is not being asked to play deep on big guys taking his attacking influence out of the game.

10 Likes

Hartley is getting consistently beaten in one-on-ones. He’s not one for the brutes. Ambrose would have to be close to the strongest bloke at the club and has a very good record of playing on big forwards. Looking at both Hartley and Ambrose in the flesh, Hartley is taller, but Ambrose looks much stronger.

If Ambrose is available, Ambrose for Hartley is a complete no-brainer in my opinion. I like Hartley. He’s a good honest footballer who has come on since we recruited him. But he’s still got a way to go before he’s in our best side. Ambrose is a mile ahead on the brutes and the road-runners.

4 Likes

Harsh.
I think Dea is doing great. I see him as an asset to the team and fits a need.

2 Likes

Yaco - I’ve been meaning to tell you, in case you hadn’t noticed.
You say ‘continue’ a lot - seriously.
Just putting it out there.

2 Likes

Yeah I reckon Ambrose would have been monstered by Hawkins and Kennedy. I like the idea of him on Jack though

Has anyone ever monstered Ambrose?

3 Likes

One of Hartleys goals where we turned ball over and Kennedy got in behind him to take a mark should have seen McKenna who wasn’t far away leave his man to get over to help out.

Hartley was filthy with him.

1 Like

Thats enough of the personal yaco bashing and ridicule, thanks.

Right/wrong/agree/disagree, whatever. Thats fine. But i dont think he deserves such treatment as above. He’s sure as hell far less abusive than many others, he isnt trolling and he gives his opinion.

17 Likes