#36 Michael Hartley

Agreed. Backline looks much better with Matty Dea in it.

Also if you take purely the last half of last weeks game, Hartley was in great touch. Seemed to get more composed and confident as the game progressed. He stays in.

2 Likes

Yeah and Hartley gave up 5 to 10 metres to Kennedy every damn time. If youā€™re gonna offer nothing offensively you better be on your man like a glove.

I hope Hartley has a good game this week and keeps his spot against the Giants. I think weā€™ll need all of Ambrose, Hurley and Hartley to take on their talls, especially if Rory Lobb plays (1-2 weeks injury)

I love Patty but Look, I stood next to Ambrose at the Christmas training session, Iā€™m 193 cms and he was at least 2cms shorter than me.

I worry about a guy whoā€™s barley 6ā€™2 playing on guys who are 6ā€™5. I know Ambrose has excellent athleticism but thatā€™s a lot to cover for. Name me one of the leagues monsters he has contained and I will shut up.

Hartley did good jobs on the massive blokes last year. Let him try and find that form again. Fwiw I want he, Ambrose and Hurley in the side

1 Like

Hartley is still learning.
He gets caught out sometimes but heā€™s worth putting the games into him.

1 Like

Tom Lynch.

Taylor Walker for a quarter, when Hurley couldnā€™t get near him.

I know he shouldnā€™t be able to play on guys that big, but his strength seems to make up a lot of ground.

4 Likes

This. The dude has played 20 something games. Give him a chance.

1 Like

Heā€™s probably the same height as Scarlett and Silvagni. They went alright.

Full forwards were 191 back then though. They are 197+ now

200cm Joe Daniher used to regularly get torched by 189cm Josh Gibson.

Body strength plays a bigger part than height imo, and Ambrose is infinitely stronger than Hartley.

Fwiw I also like Harts, Ambrose and Hurley in the one backline, I reckon that covers all possible match ups.

1 Like

Both Riewoldtā€™s; and Iā€™m pretty sure Jack twice

Brad Hillā€™s ghost?

1 Like

I heard Ambrose tackled Brad Hillā€™s ghost, too.

1 Like

I think Reiwolt will get ahold of him early.

The last two weeks our mids have won and applied great pressure. The ball will be coming in Mutch faster this week.

I donā€™t think he is in good form ATM.

You are struggling for content when you throw up the the old chestnuts are you watching TV or watching live - Yet you throw up statistics which you would not glean at the time from watching the game - You can continue to believe Hartley has performed well.

1 Like

No - My post is assuming itā€™s a given that Ambrose will replace Hartley - As it stands in 2017, Brown has clearly outperformed Dea and Harley.

Aha ! Is this a case of pot kettle black.

2 Likes

Aha !

Please donā€™t inform AN of my limited vocabulary.

Ambrose has perfected the art of legally bodying his opponent under the ball or off the line of the ball, as well as restricting the forward from getting both arms up to mark the ball - Reckon a slippery tall forward with a high work-rate up and down the field could get him.

Not possible.

1 Like