#36 Michael Hartley

You do know it stands for Humble, not Honest?

2 Likes

Yes, … some are In his Humble Opinion…

1 Like

No, no idea. I read someone else say that and just assumed that’s what it was

1 Like

I reckon you’ll find the acronym stands for “in my humble opinion”.

No honesty required.

• wow… I was late on that reply.

Well ■■■■. TIL.

Yeah same.

but half the carnts that use IMHO aren’t humble at all. total furphy.

3 Likes

Generally a good indication that somebody’s about to go full alpha male “my opinion is better than yours”

1 Like

I believe Harts is an in-between player. He’s good enough with plenty of upside, but not critical to hold onto. I mean this respectfully, but he’s one of the more valuable tradable players on the list. You’d spew if left, but you’d understand because he brought needed value in return. I think this because I see Brown and Harts competing for the same spot in the side, and both are behind Ambrose currently, and if all goes well, could both be behind Francis if he develops as hoped. In addition, we’re likely to add another key back man named Fletcher at the 2018 draft. I also think opposition clubs would trade for Harts but not for Brown.

What do you think we’d get for him? I’d think maybe a second rounder.

Would be a late second rounder at best.

Has potential but also has obvious flaws.

fmd

3 Likes

Wow, doesn’t take much to get booted out the door here.

2 Likes

Excellent post - You nailed exactly how Ambrose does these actions.

1 Like

I should have known better than to say the word “trade”.
I didn’t make the comment to raise speculation on his value, but rather to illustrate where I see him at present. He is a solid AFL player, and for this reason players like him attract attention and their clubs may be open to trading if the outcome is a win/win. But players at his age can also exceed expectations within a couple of years. Hooker is the perfect example.

Just watched the replay.

He lost maybe two or three one on ones. Won another two.

Was torched by a couple of turnovers 20-40 meters away and gave a couple of frees.

It wasn’t a demolition over four quarters and Kennedy was playing ok considering the stinker the rest of the team put in.

The guy is a 198cm key defender who has played the grand total of 24 games. He is a work in progress, who I would think is probably ahead of schedule in his development. Maybe wait a couple of years before starting to pay out on the bloke. So far he is doing a very good job imo. Some people seem to expect miracles.

12 Likes

Nobody is paying out on him (that I’ve seen). Is it not ok to say someone is not in great form or has been beaten by his opponent? These overreaction serve no purpose.

2 Likes

You fail to mention that Kennedy is the best FF in the AFL and has won the Coleman 3 years in a row.

I personally think that Hartley compliments Ambrose perfectly. Keep him in.

3 Likes

I was pointing out that he broke even on the day and if not for a few turnovers in our backhalf, he may have won the day.

i think you could play him, Ambrose and Hurley but only when faced with a strong three pronged attack. I wouldn’t do it every game.

We already play 7 defenders. You forgot McGrath. If/when Ambrose comes in someone will need to be dropped.

1 Like