#36 Michael Hartley

how cooked are you?

1 Like

Doubt it.

If Iā€™m not mistake this was the first time we had Hurley, Hooker and Hartley all in the same defence and it worked well. And weā€™re already talking about changing it up.

Time some of you blokes changed the record. Youā€™re coming out with the same bullshit about Hartley now as you were spouting about Chooker only four years ago.

Hartleyā€™s a classic full back, whereas Chooker is a great CHB who can also play KPF. Hurley has become a third tall in the Fletcher mould. Ambrose is a HBF, rather than a KPD.

1 Like

Caught up with Ambo today. Heā€™s 100% & raring to go.

7 Likes

Disappointed that @Stallion hasnā€™t posted ā€œNINAā€ as of yet.

Has somewhat derailed my weekend.

1 Like

13 Likes

The two contests I was thinking of (which I assume are the same two, as he didnā€™t lose many), he could have won by jumping at the ball instead of taking his eyes of it and trying to find the man.

It is something that happens a bit with him, and I reckon itā€™s just a confidence thing.

But as I said, two minor gripes aside, I liked his game today. In fact, I reckon today was our strongest back 6 weā€™ve had since 2014, and Harts looked right at home in it.

11 Likes

Anyone else noticed that this bloke cant take an overhead mark? Constantly dropping themā€¦

Otherwise, good game by Harts yesterday. Much prefer him than brown.

2 Likes

Good game, for his size i would like him to crash a few packs and get the knees in, let them know he is about.

1 Like

If Hurley is the standard, then Harts is an elite overhead mark.

6 Likes

Hurls took a game-high 15 marksā€¦ Hartley is worse

I disagree. You said overhead mark.

3 Likes

Not overly impressed so far. A fair way to go for mine.

1 Like

Hes ok, just.

Although it looked great, itā€™s not always going to work though, is it?
Port has a totally different forward setup to say, Richmond. And thatā€™s only considering the defense side. We also have to match up the offensive part. The key would be flexibility that doesnā€™t rob too much from one, for the other.

Full contact with the hand?

He took quite a few marks yesterday. Did you watch the game?

3 Likes

Plenty of defensive punches at Willy. I canā€™t say I paid attention to which fist it was.

1 Like

:hushed: Weā€™re not that close, ā€¦

4 Likes

ā– ā– ā–  No I didnt watch the gameā€¦ Just thought Iā€™d post my fake observations just for you to question if I had watched the game. Insert eye roll here.
FYI - he took a total of 5 marks for the game, and my observation was for overhead marking.

2 Likes