#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

To be fair Myers is as “good” as a forward and/or defender as he is in the midfield

1 Like

Jobe could play forward .

WAT

How is this kid not getting a game still? Racks it up on the inside…cant be his kicking as its really not that bad…plus our teams kicking isn’t exactly top notch!

2 Likes

With all the injuries now, if he doesn’t get a game this week I doubt he ever will.

14 Likes

He needs to be rewarded with a batch of games to see if he can come close to replicating that impact he has in the VFL. What did he get, one game against the Cats last year, then dropped?

3 Likes

And if he doesn’t get a game this weekend, given the state of our injuries, then what an absolute indictment it is on the list management at our club - a spot filled by someone you have no intention at all of playing?
For once, I await this week’s team selection with interest as it will go some way toward confirming/refuting how badly I believe this club is infected right now…

2 Likes

What about if he gets left out, and Will Snelling is straight in ?

well apparently hes the Dev Smith replacement, but youd think hed need a run in the VFL before you throw him straight in. would need to be massively impressive during training otherwise…

1 Like

If he doesn’t play this weekend, just sack the whole selection committee, coaching staff and list management team. We are playing a team that has one trick, a freak show of an inside mid. The only way to combat that it to at least try and nullify him at the contest with your own inside mids. The only three players with the size and capability are Hepp, who would get monstered but keep trying, Myers who just fails way too often and Clarke who has never been tried.

It’s a massive ask to bring him in and ask him to play on Cripps, and after consistent lack of faith from the coaches his confidence isn’t going to be high. But to have him come on and relieve a battered Hepp on Cripps at times is a must.

And it’s not about shutting down Cripps, I don’t think that possible, it’s about constraining his influence and maybe winning a few contested balls ourselves. We have the runners on the outside if they can get it.

1 Like

Stick him in against this years Brownlow medalist. There’s no way he could possibly lose.

1 Like

And that one game they stuck him forward.

He is a decent mark though.

This year he is regularly being tagged and still manages to get the ball, was BOG for us against the top side in the VFL and was constantly tagged and scragged behind play during the game.
He deserves a run ahead of Myers imo. But does need a block of games. It will require a slight change in the Worsfold strategy of incessant rotation through the midfield, but Shiel was doing a lot of midfield minutes prior to his hammy, so Clarke could come in and take that load. Myers usually plays only 70% tog, Clarke has a bigger tank than Myers and is capable of 80% TOG as a full time on the ball / stoppage player.
One noticeable thing this year is that Clarke will take the option to break out of stoppages run and kick forward instead of the automatic handball, but he only does that if there is clear space. He is also spreading more after stoppages . His kicking against Richmond was much better than previous years and I cant recall a bad kick, with some improvement in the length of his kicking also. Imo he has turned the corner on a number of his perceived limitations.

PS. I forgot to say. He is more of a ruck rover than rover. He is not fast like a Darcy. But, well is Cripps “fast”?

5 Likes

He had one bad kick on the eastern grandstand boundary. It still hit the target.

3 Likes

I didn’t see that one, was that when it was dark and Richmond management failed to turn on the lights while they were ahead?

No, but I appreciate the snark.

1 Like

BRING HIM IN

Cripps is going to have a field day whoever we’ve got right now and is on him. WE need to put a tagger on him to annoy the hell out of him. Who have we got not injured?

Have you seen any indication whatsoever at any time that worsefold would be interested in tagging anyone ever?
Unlike every coach ever he does not care about stopping the opp’s weapons from firing

1 Like

Except when he’s used Parish or Guelfi or Myers or Langford to tag a specific player.