#37 Dylan Alwyn Clarke - at Woodville West Torrens

Alwyn Clarke playing Coburg. March 2019

2 Likes

Bring Him In

6 Likes

Surprised he hasnā€™t been given more opportunity.

2 Likes

Clarke in for Myers

Should be in for Myers, heā€™s had over 10 seasons and heā€™s not up to it, only at Essendon do we reward mediocrity because someone is a good bloke. Iā€™ve heard heā€™s like a coach out there, so hereā€™s an idea put him the fkn coaches box. Give this kid a go FFS. Put him in the guts and not a HFF

5 Likes

Myers would be great down on the bench relaying messages.

Alwyn is much cleaner with his disposal than Dylan is

No wonder he canā€™t kick, holding a football like that.

Canā€™t fault his endeavour and application but I just canā€™t see him making the grade. His kicking deficiency in my view is too much of a flaw. Hope im incorrect.

And if gets a game ahead of parish I will be very disappointed.

his Kicking has improved considerably since we drafted him I reckon.

I really like him and hope he gets an opportunity to prove himself.

He will give 100% every time he goes out there.

3 Likes

Weā€™ve got a 100% record when he plays

4 Likes

It has and itā€™s still a major weakness. It is nowhere near afl standard unfortunately.

4 Likes

Same could be said of others in the side.

He has strengths in other areas.

He should have had time in the jlt
I would give him 5 straight games and see ehat happens

2 Likes

Yeah, its dificult watching somebody like Worpel at the Hawks given games and responsibility in a side that finished top 4 last year. Port loaded up on first gamers last week as well.

I donā€™t mind that our players do an apprenticeship but for mine they should get at least one game in their first year and then multiple games in their second year. You should have a better idea if they are going to make it by then.

1 Like

Yep agree.

Was frustrating to read the circle arguments going into last week on who of Lang,Parish, Guelfi and Lav deserves the 22nd spot.

I think that misses the mark, Iā€™d be using the22nd slot as the development slot to rotate kids through. If thatā€™s one less spot for the nearly best 22ā€™s so be it, they have to work harder.

4 Likes

How old do you think Lang / Parish / Guelfi / Lav are.

The very argument is the process of rotating the kids through the 22nd slot.

Lang and Lav are in their 5th year and Parish his 4th. They are no longer kids who need to be gifted a game for development. Itā€™s time for them to deliver.

We have to make list divisions on Clark, Mutch, Mynott and Houlihan at the end of this year, letā€™s at least look at them first.

2 Likes

A great example of how we develop players under Woosha is what we have done with Long.

Been on the list forever and hardly any games to show for it.

Surely heā€™s a known quantity by now?

Yep long is odd.

But even Mutch and Clark are odd, we extended their contracts early to three years, why? They donā€™t seem to figure in our plans and have barely played. Caveat that itā€™s only round 2 but if they donā€™t play this year, did we gain anything by extending their contracts.